force carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy1488

Reaction score
Hey guys. Recently been wanting to force carb my beer and I have been struggling to find a decently priced tank and regulator etc. My brothers friend has a co2 cylinder he used in an aquarium with an electric regulator hose and it's full for a decent price. One thing that did worry me is it said not for human consumption on the bottle and reading online it says don't use it in beer. My question is: if i empty this tank and get it refilled with beer grade co2 would that be ok? Thanks guys

ForumRunner_20130329_192109.jpg

I would guess that something in the make up of the tank is not safe.

Do you have a welding supply store close to you? As far as human grade co2, I'm not sure what that is about. Everyone I know uses the stuff that they sell at the welding supply stores. Hope this helps.

I have a homebrew shop and im sure a welding shop close too also i think wilkingson plus refills co2. Just not sure whether i should use it. I'd rather not give all my friends cancer haha

Refilling is nice, but you will want to find out how long your tank will be certified. I think there is a stamp on them for a set period of time that allows you to refill. That's why I would look at having one as a deposit for the exchange. This way you will not be disappointed when they won't refill your bottle. Just my two cents, or in your case pounds.

Latest posts

Back