Foaming issue help, please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrosephJarclay12

Reaction score
when i go to pull a beer from the tap the first glass is foamy as all hell. i dump it and start over beer comes out fine. my thoughts are the beer in the line is too warm. i have a small fan in there, when i say small i mean my farts move more air. i suppose some stats might help. its in a chest freezer with insulated collar , taps are the lowest priced perlicks, i have a std-1000 set at about 3.3c probe dangling midlevel in air.

does any one know from experience a solution to this ****ty situation.

thanks fellas

Same prob here I haven't tried it yet but I've read installing a fan inside to move air around helps. Past that I'd look at line lengths.

Your thoughts are correct, but it's more than just the beer in the lines that's warm, it's also the shank and faucet. I take it you have the shanks mounted through a collar? A stronger fan to circulate air should help a lot. Longer shanks that have more thermal mass sticking inside the cold keezer area will help too. The faucet should be quite cold to the touch.

I don't have a keezer but I built a 80 mm fan inside a 6 by 4 radio shack project box. I then have a 45 degree 1 inch PVC coming from top. I wired it up to 9 volt power supply. I then ran 1 inch tubing to the tower or in your case up to collar and place near lines and faucet. Keeps everything cooler. I can give you more info if it sounds like it would work for you. Yes it came with blue lights inside. Cheers

image-3397263470.jpg

I don't have a keezer but I built a 80 mm fan inside a 6 by 4 radio shack project box. I then have a 45 degree 1 inch PVC coming from top. I wired it up to 9 volt power supply. I then ran 1 inch tubing to the tower or in your case up to collar and place near lines and faucet. Keeps everything cooler. I can give you more info if it sounds like it would work for you. Yes it came with blue lights inside. Cheers

Can you post up some part numbers or details? I'm looking for a battery operated setup to avoid running wires into my kegerator.

You may also want to consider getting that stc probe into a thermowell and a bottle of water. The temperatures gonna fluctuate a lot more if the probe is hanging out in the air and that rising/cooling could have an impact as well.

As an added benefit you'll will save a lot of electricity, and it'll help your freezer last longer.

Can you post up some part numbers or details? I'm looking for a battery operated setup to avoid running wires into my kegerator.

Batteries won't work. Your beer tower cooler needs to be on all the time & not just when you are serving.

Back