Quadrupel recipe input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phenry

Reaction score
Since I figure I need another big beer in my pipeline, I've been looking to brew a Belgian Quad. I've looked over some of the recipes on here and some commercial examples, and so far the one I've liked the most is Boulevard's Sixth Glass. They have a laundry list of malts listed in their ingredients, so I basically took it and simplified it down a little (at least I think I did). Here's what I have so far:

Batch size: 5.25 gal
OG: 1.091
FG: Hopefully somewhere around 1.010-1.015 (trying to hit above 10.0% abv)
IBU: 22.3
SRM: Somewhere around 24*L, not sure based on the Candi Syrup
Yeast: Wyeast 3787 - start ferment around 66-68*F for first 2 days, let it ramp up to mid 70's thereafter.

11.0 lb Belgian Pale Malt
1.50 lb Munich Malt
1.00 lb White Wheat Malt
0.50 lb Special B
2.50 lb Deep Amber Candi Syrup (as per: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/20-lb-sugar-jar-yeast-nutrient-114837/)

1.50 oz Styrian Goldings - 60 min
0.50 oz Styrian Goldings - 15 min

I was planning on adding the Candi Syrup after the initial fermentation has slowed down, or should I go ahead and add it during the boil or at knockout?

I'm kinda shooting in the dark with this one so far, I've only brewed light colored Belgians so far. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the link, I have no idea how I missed that thread. There's some really good information in there, looks like I have a few revisions to make to my game plan. I think I'll stick to the recipe that I posted, I figure 15% of the fermentables being Candi Syrup should probably suffice for this go round. But, I'll definitely be making a huge 3787 starter and dumping in the syrup towards the end of fermentation.

Latest posts

Back