thoughts on brewers best witbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeyakid

Reaction score
Hey everyone i just bottled my first brew a pale ale true brew kit. first let me start off with saying that although it seems to come out well so far the instructions were terrible to im gonna get away from true brew kits.

so at my local brew store i stumbled upon brewers best witbier so i wanted to know what people thought of the kit, did it actually taste like blue moon, how hard of a brew was it to make, any recommendations?

I have never made this one but I have brewed and bottled the Brewers best Irish Stout and currently in my fermenter is the Brewers Best Robust porter. Both kits were a lot of fun to make (steeping grains boiling hops adding dry and liquid malts,priming sugar included,bottle caps included) I like these kits. the instructions have useful info and will get you through it. After reading advice gathered from this forum and from the ppl at my LHBS ,i learned that the timing isnt exactly right for primary ferment. The kit instructions DO however include a high recommendation to transfer to a secondary for two weeks.thats a HBT debate from what I have read so far(to secondary or not to) I did.and I will again.thats just me. Again,I have not made that ONE, but the one i did make turned out good and the one i am making was a lot of fun and pretty easy(but challenging in all the good ways) to create. I would say you probably will not be disappointed. Youtube it see what the masses say,also google search this forum see if anyone else has made it before.This place is a wealth of advice and ideas

I just recently brewed the BB witbier kit, and have had them in the bottles for about 3 weeks now. First thing I noticed right away is that this kit has a "steep to convert" step, which is basically making this kit a partial mash kit. For me, this was a nice change as all I have brewed upto then was BB specialty grain extract kits.

I just tried a test bottle the other night after a few days in the frig, and like you I thought it would taste like bluemoon. Even though it tasted good to me, it wasn't a bluemoon. I thought I screwed something up, I did some research and found out hoegaarden would be a good beer to reference for this style.

I picked up a 6 pack of Hoegaarden tonight and after tasting that, I got extremely proud of my BB Witbier batch as it tasted pretty damn close to the Hoegaarden. So proud, I threw in a round of my batch in the frig for this weekend and can't wait.

yea my lhbs told me it would taste more like hoegarden which is fine and it uses safbrew wb 06

I have seen a lot of Blue Moon clone recipies that involve using corriander, bitter or sweet orange peel and honey. And of course a belgian style yeast strain. If you are looking for a Blue Moon style clone I'd glady write out some extract recipies for you that I have seen in the past.

Well i think im going to try this kit first but eventually i would like to try some elses recipies

Latest posts

Back