Kitchen taps (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walther

Reaction score
Hi,

Here are a few pictures of my latest project.
Beer taps in the kitchen.

taps1.png

Three taps in the kitchen. Two for beer, and one for carbonated water. The last one increases the approval with several mWAF.

utility.png

The utility room next to the kitchen, with the insulated beer lines.

cabinet.png

The refrigerator placed below the oven.

refrigerator.png

The refrigerator with three 9L Cornelius kegs.

fan.png

The cooling system, consisting of a small reservoir with pump, and a radiator with 12cm fan. The green PVC lines loop with the beerlines.

fail.png

Placing a fan inside a refrigerator will confuse the thermostat, causing sub zero temperatures !

Hope you like it,
Cheers, walther

Side is fine.
I shortened the dip tube it a bit, and bend it to the side.
Make sure the keg is pressurized before you lay it down :)

cheers,
walther

There is not enough room for a big water reservoir with a pump in the fridge. So instead I use a small reservoir (if insulated it could be placed outside the fridge), and a radiator with a fan to more efficiently cool down the circulated water (now antifreeze !).

Without the radiator there was ~10 degrees Celsius diference between the fridge and the far end of the beer lines. With a radiator, the difference is only two degrees.

Thank you for the replies,
Walther

Placing a fan inside a refrigerator will confuse the thermostat, causing sub zero temperatures !

I have a fan in my keezer and there is no confusion, so do a bunch of other people on here.

My buddy on the other hand, put one in and froze all of his kegs.

I wonder what the difference is?

Three taps in the kitchen. Two for beer, and one for carbonated water. The last one increases the approval with several mWAF.

Very nice and different from the usual kegerator. Having taps coming out the kitchen wall is awesome!

mWAF? milli-Wife Approved Features?

I think if the thermostat is close to the cooling body, and its cut off value is set at say -5 degrees. Once the refrigerator starts cooling, the cooling body will quickly reach -5 degrees and shut off again. The rest of the fridge will never reach so low a temperature. If you add a fan however, the cooling body and fridge will have the same temperature, and it can be kept close to -5 degrees,.... did that make sense outside my head ?

WAF, is short for WifeApprovalFactor, measured in milli-WAF.

A little drip does occur, and I should probably get a drip tray. However the type of tap I use, do get stuck if I do not use for a week (it does happen). So the next update will be better taps.

Thank you for the feedback,
Walther

Back