Help! Corny won't seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qposner

Reaction score
I just bought a corny on Craigslist. When I bought it it was pressurized (I released the pressure to confirm). I just cleaned, put new o-rings in with keg lube and star san'ed. When I was turn it upside down to mix around the Star SAn, water was leaking out around the lid. Any idea what this might be? Like I said, it had pressure in it when I bought it. The only thing I changed was a new o-ring. Seems like it is not sealing tight. Anything I should check?

Thanks!

Should have Googled first. Looks like I need to add pressure, then check for leaks. The lids don't appear to seal well without pressure. Ill do that later tonight and spray some water around the seal.

You need to pressurize it again for it to seal. But you knew that:)

EDIT: Beat me to it!

I am pretty new to kegging myself, I actually just posted a carbonation question. But I have watched a lot of videos, and read a lot of info about the corny kegs. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good seal when putting the lid back in, and sometimes it may even need a little bit of pressure to help push the lid completely tight. I would just try re-seating the lid a couple of times.

If that does not work, check the new seal for any cracks or breaks, and then try putting it under a little bit of pressure. just enough to help push the lid up and get a good seal. That is what I would do...however, as i mentioned I am rather new to kegging as well. But I do know, my lid was stubborn as well, it took me a couple of times of positioning and clamping it down before I got a good seal.

Hope that helps,

John

EDIT: Looks like Mr. Google beat all of us to it!!

Back