(JOAM) in a MR. BEER container?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiemo

Reaction score
I think i would like to make some mead. This is a recipe that looks like a good starter. i have 2 questions. Would there be any problems brewing a 2 Gal. recipe in a mr. beer container i have? also i have a local honey farm where i live they sell raw honey as well as possessed honey, which would be a better choice?
Thanks

Quite a few people have brewed JOAM in their old mr beer fermenter, as well as ed's apfelwein and even their first attempt at All Grain on the stovetop. The little keg is the perfect small batch fermenter. It can even be used to lager in a standard home fridge....and you can still leave the milk on the same shelf. :)

thanks. any ideas on which honey i should use? this is the discription they give about ther raw honey "Also known as raw honey. Extra Virgin Honey has not been heated or filtered. When you open a jar you may find cappings wax, bits of propolis and pollen. Because it is unprocessed,all the enzymes, amino acids, phytochemicals, pollen and other nutrients are intact"
Thanks

Careful on the clove in JAOM. You may not be able to get it out of your fermentor. I had to toss a bucket because I couldn't get the clove out. I later was told Oxyclean would get it out. But the bucket had already been re-purposed. That's my only warning to you. Plan on cleaning your Mr.Beer many many many times. Or, go very light on the clove. Actually, just don't even add the clove. The oranges and raisins make a plenty flavorful quick mead.

Back