The welded, weldless brew stand build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw22

Reaction score
Im attempting to make a copy of the Wallace brew stand, and went with 6' long x 16.5" wide x 21" tall for the dimensions.
After cutting all the parts, Im concerned with it tipping over, should I shorten it to 5' or leave it like it is?
With wheels it will be closer to 25" tall , when complete.
The material Im using is 1-5/8" U channel strut, without holes in it.
Im using this because my neighbor gave it to me, and I cant afford to buy materials for a project like this currently.

I am currently using that exact same size material in solid (no holes) in SS on my in progress build. I am not sure your question is answerable based on the info you have given us. The length of the stand should not effect it tipping over; at least 6' to 5'.

Can you elaborate more as to why you think shortening it will make it less prone to tipping?

After thinking about it, width would have more of a effect on stability than length. 6 feet in length shouldn't cause any tipping problems.

Exactly.

Good luck with the build. Post pics. I would love to see others projects with this material. I am waiting for mine to be complete to post pics.

TerraNova said:
Exactly.

Good luck with the build. Post pics. I would love to see others projects with this material. I am waiting for mine to be complete to post pics.

Be prepared to be amazed by my crappy wire feed welding skills.

Raw22, which strut material do you have? If it is the galvanized like mine, you might want to think about not welding it.. nasty, dangerous fumes from welding galvanized.

bucfanmike said:
Raw22, which strut material do you have? If it is the galvanized like mine, you might want to think about not welding it.. nasty, dangerous fumes from welding galvanized.

Its is galvanized, I will set up proper ventilation, cross breeze and respirator.

Can someone tell me what the spacing is for the cross supprts that the kegs sit on?
Im using The kab4 burners. I was thinking about spacing them 12 inches apart. Would this spacing allow me to mount my burners when they come?

Back