Pitched too high

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iheartipa

Reaction score
Thought I chilled my wort to 70 F. Turned out the read was wrong and I ended up pitching at about 115 F. Any chance of salvaging the wort? Can/should I order another yeast pack (Belgian Ardennes) and pitch in a few days or am I screwed?

Thanks kapbrew. Of course being a holiday weekend, I don't expect the new yeast to arrive for at least 5 days. The wort is sitting in a sanitized bucket with an airlock. Hoping it will maintain.

Thanks kapbrew. Of course being a holiday weekend, I don't expect the new yeast to arrive for at least 5 days. The wort is sitting in a sanitized bucket with an airlock. Hoping it will maintain.

Consider harvesting your yeast from now on so that you will have some on-hand when you need it. It's really as simple as good sanitation and pouring the cake into mason jars after you keg/bottle/secondary your beer.

Latest posts

Back