Wow... positive Post Office experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Usually I dread going to the post office. Cranky workers, long lines, expensive shipping... blech.

So when I went in today to ship something I was prepared to be snippy. When I got up to the counter the lady said, with a smile "if I'm going to help you with anything I am going to need something from your first?"

"Oh?"

"Youre going to have to give me your hat, I love it"

Ok she has a sense of humor and complimented my favorite hat. Good start.

Small talk, niceties, ok thats another 30 pleasant seconds. I hand her my express box. You know, "if it fits it ships"? She frowned, popped it on the scale and asked the zipcode I was sending it to. I told her. Turns out sending it NOT in the newfangled express box and sending it the old way would save me over $5. I didnt know that. Thank you, ma'am.

So here is my complaint... there is no one to send a "good job" email to, and if there was, she wouldnt get anything out of it.

1) I generally like post office service.

2) This thread is near worthless without pictures. Show us the hat.

I've never had a problem in the post office. I have been annoyed by our mail carrier who as of late is consistently giving mail for addresses that aren't even on my road and cannot fathom walking from their car to my porch to drop off a package, instead opting to just put the box in a grocery bag and throw it onto the front lawn in a pile of snow. Good enough for government work I guess.

I generally like the us post office. I've had mainly pleasant or neutral experiences with them. I love the letter carrier at in my parents neighborhood, great guy always says hello, usually end up having a good conversation with him, and would see him every week at bar trivia.

I'm in Canada for work and I will never complain about USPS again. The Canadian postal system is worthless, slow, expensive, and largely incompetent. I know they have a lower population density, but it is night and day with the USPS.

tl;dr show us the hat

I'm in Southern Indiana, and, up until maybe, 4 or 5 years ago, the postmaster at our post office was the most pleasant, and helpful guy you could ask for. I have heard he retired, and I have not been in there lately, hopefully whoever took his place has half the personality he had.

A new post office opened here a few years ago, The service was great, the people were friendly, over all it was a reasonably pleasant experience. So much so that I would drive to it 3x as far each way. Now its just as bad as the old post office used to be if not worse. All the a$$holes that used to work at the old downtown PO have now bid to the new PO, and pushed the happy friendly people to the back room.

The PO can go the way of the carrier pigeon as far as I am concerned.

Latest posts

Back