Distances to supply stores/microbreweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billvon

Reaction score
We're pretty lucky here in San Diego; seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a new microbrewery. Just used Scribble Maps to figure out my distances:

Nearest microbreweries: Hess 1 mile, Callahan's (San Diego Brewing) 1 mile, Alesmith 1.2 miles, Ballast Point 3 miles

Nearest liquor store with a decent beer selection: Plaza Wine and Spirit .6 miles

Nearest homebrew supply: American Hombrewing Supply 5 miles, Ballast Point Brewmart 10 miles

(Bonus - White Labs yeast headquarters - 1 mile)

My homebrew store is about 2 miles from my house and there must be 50 microbreweries around.

I have two stores within 15 miles of me. I get a pretty good price on bulk malt at one of them.

I live in the middle of nowhere. Nearest microbrew is 40 miles. Nearest homebrew shop is about 100 miles and the nearest place to buy decent beer (with a fairly large selection) is about 25 miles. Every once in a while my local grocery store will have a decent microbrew though and I usually have good beer on tap!

Nearest microbreweries: 10 Barrel, 5 blocks. Bend Brewing, 3/4 mile. Deschutes Brewery, 1 mile. Cascade Lakes, 1.5 miles. Boneyard, 2 miles.

Nearest liquor store with a decent beer selection: Newport Market, across the street.

Nearest homebrew supply: 2.5 miles

Have a great beer store and homebrew shop less than 10 miles from my place but no brewery anywhere close. Its a shame a city the size of Dayton, OH does not have a microbrewery. I would even say there isnt a legit brewpub in Cincinnati either. I cant count Rock Bottom or BJs and the other breweries dont even have a pub. The closest place is actually in Columbus and it is an hour drive away.

I think I got you all beat.
neener.gif

Quay Street Brewing Company, Port Huron Michigan 292 Feet. :D

Eastern Shores Homebrewing Supply 0.3 mi (Three blocks South of me on my street)

Wolverine Market Beer and Wine 0.3 mi (Three Blocks North of me on my street)

(And these are just the places in walking distance. There are 4 other great beerstores within a 2 mile radious from me. Another brewpub 15 minutes from me, and 2 more places to by homebrew supplies in a 5 mile radius of me.

This is Quay Street Brewing company, fyi...(The back view)

n620469066_1655307_7697525.jpg

This is my street from my Loft window during the annual classic car show.

n620469066_1657510_4836675.jpg

Basically the Brewpub is at the corner of the far leftt of this pic, just before you cross the bridge, then 2 more blocks further is the LHBS, and 3 blocks north (to the right) of the view is the market I talked about.

Also about 150 feet from me is a restaurant with about 12 microbrews on tap and a couple hundred bottles. And about 1 block past the lhbs on the opposite side of the street is a coffee house that as 4-5 micros on tap, mostly Bell's and Dragonmead.

It's a good hour and a half drive to either of my "local" home brew stores. It's about 30 minutes to the closest brewpub. Sucks to be me

Pfft...I guess Quay Street is okay. If you're into, like, paradise or whatever. ;)

Yeah hard to believe I am 60 miles from Detroit, eh?

I've messed with people on other forums who have bashed Michigan and talked about how beautiful their beaches are by posting these next two pics and asking them to guess where these are. And people have guessed everywhere from parts of Florida to god knows where. And are surprised that it's 2 miles from my front door.

n620469066_1655321_2890346.jpg

n620469066_1655320_4195307.jpg

They're taken from the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse.

n620469066_1655317_3169870.jpg

That is barely into Lake Huron, just north of where it meets the St Clair river.

My closest HBS is about 10-15 minute drive, but I have four in the area.

My closest beer source is either a grocery store 2 minutes away for general stuff and either 10 minutes to a Central Market or a liquor store.

My closest bar of worthwhile drinking is probably the BJ's 5 minutes away (decent tap/bottle selection -- not a fan of their stuff) or the Flying Saucer or Gingerman locations about 15-20 minutes away.

Closest brewpub is about 30 minutes away.

Revvy: My girlfriend's family lives in Novi and Clarkston, so we go back and visit MI fairly frequently, and sometimes go camping near the lakes and whatnot. It really is beautiful there.

My plan is to get to Ann Arbor to hit the Jolly Pumpkin brewpub on our next trip. I can never get enough Bam Biere into my body.

Lets see...

1.1 mi to my LHBS
0.9 mi to a local good beer store
Closest microbrewery is 1.7 mi away (but I've never been to it).

Not bad, compared to some. The closest place I have with a decent beer selection is about 1 mile also, but I don't go there that often. If I want to go out to get beer I usually hit up the Raleigh Flying Saucer.

1/2 mile to the nearest micro.

Just learned that I'm about 3/4 mile away from the nearest supply store, and have been since the opened about 6 months ago. I really wish I would have learned that sooner.

distance in the boston area is all pretty short but i dont drive so i have to take the train down town, transfer, take the train to cambridge, then walk my happy ass about a mile to the brewstore. sorta sucks when im picking up a 55lb sack of base malt and a new better bottle but its a nice supply store so im happy.

I'm another San Diegan so my distances are about the same as the OP. However, I'll throw in a couple other beer buy'n/drinkin' places

Keg & Bottle in Del Cerro (across the freeway from SDSU) - Palm Springs Liquor on Palm Ave. in La Mesa and out in El Cajon you have about 30+ craft beers on tap at The Main Tap http://www.maintaptavern.com/main.html on E. Main St.

Go give em a try!

distance in the boston area is all pretty short but i dont drive so i have to take the train down town, transfer, take the train to cambridge, then walk my happy ass about a mile to the brewstore. sorta sucks when im picking up a 55lb sack of base malt and a new better bottle but its a nice supply store so im happy.

Yeah, same here...about 20 minutes by bus to the LHBS, and have two brewpubs (21st Amendment and Thirsty Bear) within about a 30 minute walk. Social Kitchen & Brewery's probably 20 by train on a good day.

with no traffic, it's over a half hour to the "local" brew store, but i have to go through a tunnel to get to the store, so rush hour adds lots of time to the already long trip.

I may take the cake for inconvenience:

Nearest HBS: 162 mi

Nearest HBS that I'll actually use: 245 mi (fortunately they're online)

Nearest liquor store with a good beer selection: 163 mi

Nearest microbrewery: 169 mi

The UPS guy knows my address quite well.

I live in the Northwest corner of Oregon and am probably as far from a store or brewery as one can get here. The closest store is 25 miles, ditto a brewery. But kick that to 35 miles and there's six stores and 30 breweries! At 50 miles, there's over 80.

Nearest microbrews:
Broken Drum Brewery (Crap): 1.2 miles
Iron Springs (Great beer, crap food): 2.6 miles
Marin Brewing Company (Decent beer, decent food): 4.3 miles

That said tho, I do have Lagunitas, Russian River Brewing, Bear Republic, and everything in SF within a 45 mile radius.

Nearest Supply Shops:
SF Brewcraft (Expensive): 17.3 miles
Oak Barrel Winecraft (Ludicrously expensive): 17.7 miles
Morebeer (Hooray!): 38.8 miles
The Beverage People (Excellent LHBS): 41.1 miles

I have one within half hour east or west. but, one is barerly ever open seeing how it's the guys second job. i asked if he wanted to hire me so i can keep it open longer haven't gotten a response yet. i would love to quit my job and work in a homebrew shop

I may take the cake for inconvenience:

Nearest HBS: 162 mi

Nearest HBS that I'll actually use: 245 mi (fortunately they're online)

Nearest liquor store with a good beer selection: 163 mi

Nearest microbrewery: 169 mi

The UPS guy knows my address quite well.

You win. :D

Back