Dip tube position

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derogg

Reaction score
Where is the proper place for the bottom of the dip tube to be positioned. I have it centered at the bottom of the keg right now, but was thinking that with the bottom of the corny being concave, it might be better to have it up against th bottom wall, letting all the sediment fall to the center of the keg. How is everyone else set up? Thanks - Dirk

I have mine as close to the bottom as possible. I would rather pull that stuff up with the first few pints than have it sit with the beer. Some people bend their to leave that behind. It is up to you.

derogg said:
Where is the proper place for the bottom of the dip tube to be positioned. I have it centered at the bottom of the keg right now, but was thinking that with the bottom of the corny being concave, it might be better to have it up against th bottom wall, letting all the sediment fall to the center of the keg. How is everyone else set up? Thanks - Dirk
I give my bent rods a bit more bend and my straight rods...I cut about 1/4 inch off.

I end up tossing 1 1/2 cups at the end of the keg...but it's all the stuff I didn't want in my glass to begin with.

Opinions vary, but my beer cleared up post-haste.

HappyFri_4.jpg

Back