Adding a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManTX

Reaction score
I have a standard 1 keg kegorator set up and would like to add another keg. What do I need to do so?
These are the parts I currently have:
1%20keg%20Fridge%20Conversion%20Kit.jpg

Thanks!
MrManTX

Quickest way is to buy a Wye Adapter like this one. Get one more gas line shut off valve, and another hose with a gas in connecter attached.

If you plan on carbonating at two different pressures, you will need a second regulator.

Would something like this work?

If you really want to drop the extra money on a dual regulator. It would replace your old regulator, so you'd have an extra one just laying around. I have a very similar regulator. I like it, but I can't say I would have bought it if I already had a single gauge. I recommend a dual secondary regulator instead of getting a new primary.

Yeah the dual reg will work, but the simplest and cheapest way is to just put a tee after your regulator and a shutoff valve on either end of the tee. Then you have two gas lines going to the kegs. You can add as many tees as you want for as many kegs as you need.

Yes, absolutely.

At the SAME pressure- If you plan on blasting it with 30 PSI to force carb, the Y will feed 30 PSI into the other, which I don't think you want to be serving on. If you have a Y with on/off valves, you could close off the one being served, open the one you want to force carb and blast- switch the carb valve off change pressure back and open to serve.

A secondary regulator could be added with a short pipe. I haven't priced out which would be cheaper- second regulator and fitting, or but a new regulator and sell the other.

I run two cornie kegs with the single regulator and I'm often carbonating one whilst retaining 4PSI on the one I am serving from. I adjust the pressure for each as required. I do have a 'Y' piece and could maintain pressure on both but I prefer to disconnect my CO2 from the kegs once gassed up. A small air leak on a keg is much less disastrous than an empty CO2 bottle!

I'd live with one regulator for two kegs and adjust it to suit. I am however looking at going to three or better yet four kegs and am thinking about a triple take-off regulator.

Most regulators I've seen are made to link with another. You would not need to get rid of your original regulator, if it is a dual gauge regulator, unscrew the Hi PSI Side (Tank Pressure gauge) and screw in the second regulator in the spot were the gauge was. You just need a small connecting adapter that is quite inexpensive, it is threaded on both ends. Regulators are mostly all built alike: If looking strait on from front, Top and bottom are Low Side Pressure, top for Gauge, bottom for gas line out, both side connections are Hi side pressure, one for tank connection, other for connection to another regulator, or Hi PSI Tank Gauge. you can keep adding regulators side by side to your heart's (or budgets) delight.

dp

Back