Ahh... :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Reaction score
Just had to share.

Its a beautiful late may sunset that I can see from my chair on my patio while I'm about 15 minutes into my boil of the_bird's Murder in the Red Barn. I've got a cold beer next to me and good music playing.

Nothing to complain about in the world. :)

word to weeknight brewers!

Nice Rook! I'm looking at the same sunset over the Olympic Mountains. Not brewing but drinking my Impact IPA. We need to get together and brew!

Brewtopia, I'd love to! Did I read correctly that you're in an apartment now and limited in your brewing capabilities? I've got a condo and a little more room. Right now I use a 3gal MLT for partial mash's. I'd love to have a pro like you come over and show me how its done. I'm about to leave for NY for a few weeks, but I'll PM you when I get back.

Sounds good. Yea, I live in a 490 sq. ft. condo downtown. I brew both AG and PM here, When I brew AG, I have to brew back to back 2.5 gallon batches to fill one fermenter because I can't do a full wort boil on my stove for a full 5 gallon batch. A buddy and I have a 10 galon AG setup at is place and we brew most every Saturday. PM me when you're back in town and we'll set something up.

Nice! Indeed it was really nice today, sun was even too bright when I had a chance to play some tennis this evening. I hope your brew day went well.

Brewday went pretty good. I found some rust on the supposedly "stainless steel" washer on the inside of my MLT. I shrugged it off and brewed anyway, hope I don't get tetanus. Mash and strike temps went well, boil went well, can't really complain.

I like Partial Mash, it lets me pretend like the mashing that I do really contributes to fermentables, but in actuality I've got lots of malt extract to keep it from making TOO much of a difference.

Back