Ebay Keg cowboy regulator any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a decent regulator from the pics. Hopefully the quality lives up to the price. It was made in TEXAS, so it's bigger and better. :D

Just ordered this from jason ( I believe thats his name) and I can say that its a great looking primary. The gauges are actually labeled "keg Cowboy," so it shows me that the guy us serious about his stuff. Overall the quality of the parts is great and I would highly recommend the guy.

Cheers

Lucas

Yeah i just bought one and its really nice just like the mircromatic ones but cheaper

My only complaint now that I have had the thing for a bit is that if you remove the barbed fitting that screws into the regulator it is epoxyed or glued to a threaded adapter with a nylon seal on it. I wanted to remove the barbed fitting and put a male quick disconnect on. This how ever make the valve useless.

I purchased my entire kegging kit from KegCowboy and have been very happy with it and their service!

Yeah if you do not want to add a Quick disconnect to the regulator its great but If you remove the double threaded adapter and use a 3/8's QD the valve will not work because there is a nylon seal that is on the adapter

the ones at micro dont have this adapter with the seal.

This makes it hard to use a QD you end up haveing to purchase a new valve

I don't plan on taking mine apart and so far it has worked great and was half the price of anything else I have seen. Do you think it would have worked OK if you left it together?

Does the Keg Cowboy regulator allow you to take off the high-pressure guage to add another regulator bank?
I just emailed KegCowboy to ask if I could do this or if they would custom build a two regulator / four valve unit. No reply yet, but if you've found out, please let me know.

Does the Keg Cowboy regulator allow you to take off the high-pressure guage to add another regulator bank?
Just heard back from Jeff at Keg Cowboy and they do allow for taking off the high pressure guage. In fact they are taking it off for me on one of the regulators and refunding $3. Not much, but better than nothing.

They buy the units pre-assembled, but plan the stock the banked regulators in the future.

Their website has a spot for coupon codes. Anyone have one?

Keg Cowboy changed the way it's old website looks and dropped all of their prices. As a promotion they emailed out a coupon code of 3TAK (maybe 3tak) to all of their old customers. I picked up an entire Homebrew Tower Kit for $140!

Also found various parts on the new site for free like they have forgotten to put a price on it - so far only the tailpiece is ringing up free but I am still looking and I think they are still adding stuff because some things don't have photos.

Good to hear, their old site sucked really bad. In fact, it was one of the main reasons I wasn't considering them for parts.

Looked at the site after the post - they still don't have the ganged regulators available but I see some really cheap CO2 manifolds and I guess they now have homebrew kegs

I ordered a regulator from Jeff at Keg Cowboy and they look awesome. I had a problem with it and he turned around the next day and sent me a new regulator with a splitter on the trust that I would send my old one back. I could not be happier with the service. When a business goes the extra steps to make customers happy they need to be praised and hopefully others will use him.

I have no affiliation with Jeff or Keg Cowboy, just very satisfied with the product and service.

Keg Cowboy changed the way it's old website looks and dropped all of their prices. As a promotion they emailed out a coupon code of 3TAK (maybe 3tak) to all of their old customers. I picked up an entire Homebrew Tower Kit for $140!.

I have ordered from the Keg Cowboy before and also found that they have have GREAT customer service and GREAT products. I have had one of his regulators for months and it is the best out of all my regulators. I'm ordering one for a good friend as a xmas gift. I also used the "3tak" coupon code and it gave me 3% off my order. Every little bit helps! I would highly recommend the Keg Cowboy to anyone!!

Why do you need a quick disconnect right after the regulator? I am thinking about buying the ganged version of this regulator, but I am going to have my QD on the ends of the three hoses.

Any plans for triple or quad regulators? I just starting buying parts for my keezer build and am in the market.

Edit: Or would you consider selling the connectors to build your own?

The pressure release is now facing away from the CO2 tank to allow for more flexibility when used with paintball tanks.

Latest posts

Back