Is it worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I just saw a listing for this complete brewing setup.
3 tier stainless system all connected with silicone tubing, powered by a March pump and includes everything from stainless valves, plate chiller, water filter, 3 burners, barley crusher, blichman conical (may sell that), and 4 kegs (will sell)

all for $1800. I think its worth it if the system works well. Obviously tweaking can be done to my preference, but i think it's a deal. Ii just need convincing from fellow brewers to take the dive. I TECHNICALLY can afford it, but don't want to since I'm on a limited budget as a student.

Convince me!

Capture-3.jpg

depends if it's triclamp or not. tris retail at 800, regular at 600. i thought about parting it out as i have better bottles, buckets, etc. plus it'll help cut down on initial cost. If i ever venture into conicals, i might go with food grade plastics since i do ales anyway

i see that many people don't like fiddling with steel MT with regards to insulation. I use a cooler now and i lock in 155 for over 90 minutes. The advantage to this system is it's a turnkey. I could brew the next day.

My buddy and i combine his keggle with my MT for our setup. I could use a HLT, but I could make one out of another cooler.

all in all, this setup is great, but given my current setup, I could add a HLT for less than 50 bucks with a cooler, pump for ???$, and essentially have the same thing except for the stand and conical.

Damn i want it so bad but i don't feel its necessity.

Back