Chicago-NW burbs place to fill CO2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skifast1

Reaction score
Hi all - my long-awaited corny kegs & CO2 tank will be arriving tomorrow, just in time for my latest batch. I'm out in the NW burbs of Chicago; any recommended places to get the tank filled? I work downtown so pretty much anything from the Eisenhower up to the Edens is fair game for an on-the-way stop.

Many thanks!

You might want to PM Cheesefood. He just got set up with a kegging system. I believe he's on a tank exchange, which is a great idea - but you're have to part with your nice, shiny new tank.

Great idea, thanks. Kinda wondered about that; works great for propane, but not exactly something you can take care of at the corner gas station.

For posterity's sake I'll mention that I found a place in Mundelein (far NW): www.lakecountymedicalgas.com

**Update** Lake County Medical Gas just got bought out by Praxair and doesn't support a tank-exchange program, but the Praxair in Elk Grove Village does.

I don't know about being on a program, I just bought the tank and gas for $90 at a place near Palwaukee airport. I don't know if he'll refill or exchange, but honestly I don't care as long as it's a comparable tank.

If you need a regulator, I have an extra single-valve reg that I'll sell you.

Thanks for the offer, but I got a dual-stage regulator with the setup. Damn thing is heavy; need to build a frame to keep the tank from tipping over!

Resurrecting this old post, just moved to Wauconda, IL (NW Chicago) and need to refill my 15# CO2 tank. Anyone in the area with some info on where to get filled up?

Latest posts

Back