How to bottle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planenut

Reaction score
I then fill the bottles...

KIF_1122.jpg

This is a great picture for me. I have not bottled yet and I would have had a much longer hose on the bottle filler (it would have required two hands).

Some things can be so simple once you've seen it.

Thanks

That more than likely is not a hose. I believe he's using my bottling wand mounted on spigot method that I post on occasion. It's dark because he is bottling a dark beer..

By mounting your bottling wand, you get to use the spring tip...

bottling1.jpg
bottling_wand.jpg

With it an an invered pot I can sit comfortable at my table and bottle...

I can see the tubing...there's about 1.5" of clear hose connecting the spigot to the fill wand. my spigots are the exact same diameter as the bottling wand...I'd never be able to jam it up inside like Revvy's pictures.

either way the end result is that it works hella better than 5" of hose like most books recommend. it also slows the filling of the bottles a little since you have less distance for gravity to affect beer flow by speeding it up. Controlling the flow of filling is important...too fast and you could whip air into some bottles...or simply make a HUGE mess.

Back