Homebrewers in Kenya?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64754

Reaction score
I'm looking to move to Nairobi, Kenya, and I'm wondering if there is an active homebrewing community there. Any ideas?

I would guess there aren't many home brewers there. But if you went and produced a good product I'm sure you could make some converts! If people are brewing anything it is likely a home brew of some type of local ingredients that make something that is not similar to beer. Maybe they even make liquor rather than beer, I would imagine the laws are not the same as here in the U.S.

On a worst case scenario, maybe home brewing is not allowed at all. For practical information I would contact whoever you know that is living there, or search for their laws regarding brewing.

EDIT: google search "nairobi beer"- http://www.woodmoorbeer.org/Pages/Nairobi_beer1.html
That guy is going to start homebrewing to counter the cost of beer there. Probably best to affiliate yourself with the guys at the U.S. Embassy. They are your likely "home brew buddies."

Latest posts

Back