This was REAL weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveM

Reaction score
I was brewing on Saturday - I was home alone and it was my way of avoiding having to do the taxes. I have several of those "talking" bottle openers, including one for Homer Simpson, where Homer says "MMMmmm...beer." I was in the middle of puttering around with something or other during the boil, when without being disturbed on its shelf, the Homer one let loose: "MMMmmm...beer! Oh yes, oh yes, whoo hoo!"

This struck me as odd when it happened but the more I thought of it, the weirder it seemed. Those things have never sounded without intervention, and the timing and commentary of this were right on target.

On my eyes, this actually happened. I wasn't sure if there was an existing thread that could have a Twilight Zone sound track, so I figured I would start one. Anyone welse have odd brewing stories to share?

I have one of those and it goes off at the wierdest times as well. Scares the hell out of ya sometimes:)

I have the same one, and it does go off from time to time. Worst time was when I had the nurse from my life insurance company over taking some blood because I was changing my policy. She is there getting blood for a tox/drug/etc screen, and from my beer opener, in the drawer about ten feet...
"mmmm....beer.......<glug glug glug> Whoooohoooooo! Yes Yes Yes!!"

mine did the same thing too. It saved my sorry butt once when I passed out on the couch. If it weren't for homer saying" no beer and no tv make homer something somethin" and creeping the hell out of me,I would have missed class and the exam I was up all night studying for.

I have that Homer opener as well and it has gone off on its own.

Back