First brew in Bottles!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acesb422

Reaction score
Well, I am very happy I just go my first brew in bottles. I was only able to fill like 46 bottles but I am ok with that. I think everything went pretty smooth I used the 2 cups of water with 3/4 cup of priming sugar, SO that should be alright. Man i can't believe the trub that is at the bottom that stuff is nasty. I don't know if it is ok but i put it down the sink with water???? I told my wife that I hope none of the bottles explode, so i guess we will wait and see. Can't wait for a couple of weeks to try my first beer and then bottle my second that will be done shortly. Plus, my cream ale is coming next week. So i should have 3 brews done by the end of march. I just need to come up with something to do when my honey wheat is out of the fermentor. I am thinking about trying the 6 lbs or wheat DME with 1oz or tettnenger hops and the safale-05 dry yeast Hefe, cause I have heard that is good. Man , I love this hobby....

Congrats on getting the first bottle-day complete. Forty-six sounds about right based on my first batch; by the time you leave some in the brew pot and some more in the primary, it runs a tad short of 5 gallons. (I use Brew Smith to plan mine out and now set it for 5.5 batch size, which gives me a near-full five gallon secondary.)

For me, the problem isn't coming up with what's next it's narrowing down the many choices.

Rick

Is that honey wheat going to be a young drinking beer. I know it is a wheat so it probably will. but i just want to check. I am looking to spice up that cream ale Any suggestions?? Plus, what is a good dark ale with a full almost sweet taste???

Back