Unique Bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugenio

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

Im going to brew a saison for a weekend vacation im taking with some friends in August and I need your help. I want to up my presentation a bit and have been looking at different bottles styles. I had my eyes set on cobalt flip tops, alas they are bad for the beer, so I am thinking of going with amber flip tops. Then I saw the beauty that are black glass bottles.

What are your favorite commercially available bottles I could use? Know anyone who sells black or matte beer bottles?

Gracias!

And just for good measure here is a dancing banana. :ban:

There is a restaruant in my town that sells a multitude of Belgian beers so I just harvest their empties and use those for my more unique bottles. IMHO, the Duvel and Chimay bottles are by far the coolest to use for my more European home brews, standard slope-side European bottles are also nicer than standard American step sides. An advantage of the European bottles is they are almost always made with thicker glass to accommodate the higher carbonation levels found in European beers.

Another fun bottle is the Jamaican RedStripe bottles but the labels are hard screened on and don't come off (with anything I have tried yet) but the novelty of a mid-1970s stubby bottle works well too. All are recapable pry-offs.

Back