Should there be a sign of fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edmond Dantes

Reaction score
I bottled three days ago and have not noticed any signs of fermentation as of yet, is this normal or should i be worried?:confused:

Sorry to ask such a lame question but i can not find the answer in any of my books. I double checked everything I did and believe that I made no mistakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You shouldn't see any sign of fermentation in the bottle, other than a little sediment on the bottom eventually.

nope, EP's right. you won't see any activity in the bottle. just let her ride for 2-3 weeks and give it a sample.

and no lame questions here, so no worries!

As has been mentioned in several threads, fill a 1 liter plastic bottle & screw the cap on tight. Squeezing it will give you an idea of the carbonation level in the bottles.

david_42 said:
As has been mentioned in several threads, fill a 1 liter plastic bottle & screw the cap on tight. Squeezing it will give you an idea of the carbonation level in the bottles.

I'm new, but yes the plastic bottle is a good idea. I started with a kit that came with 6 brown plastic 16 oz bottles. With a bottling in to glass, one of the plastics ends up as a test bottle to squeeze for pressure.

I've a folder of Bookmarks on 'what to do when you brew' since it seems like there are a lot of variations on the theme out there. But, I must say that this site has been by far the best on answering questions and providing the information that someone needs. I've experienced some of the same panics that others have listed but found reassurance that things are OK (so far!). Thank you.

Latest posts

Back