Thermowell for Johnson Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpyyyyy

Reaction score
Looking for a carboy stopper thermowell for my Johnson temp controller but all that I've found say that they don't fit the Johnson probes. Does anybody have a Johnson temp controller and a thermowell that works for them?

Lumpyyyyy said:
Looking for a carboy stopper thermowell for my Johnson temp controller but all that I've found say that they don't fit the Johnson probes. Does anybody have a Johnson temp controller and a thermowell that works for them?

What's the OD of the probe?

This is the one I use: http://www.brewershardware.com/24-Stainless-Steel-Thermowell-TWS24.html

Mine is being used on an ATC controller, but I think they are the same size. I just slide the probe down the thermowell so it is sitting right in the middle of the fermenting beer. I like this one because I can slide it through the plastic/rubber carboy cap making an airtight fit. A lot of other thermowells have a nut or a wide flatened end prohibiting this.

Steve

Latest posts

Back