First IPA and first brew of the season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caver95

Reaction score
Well I am doing my first IPA and brew of the season, I just mashed in all my grains, and now I wait and stir every 15 minutes. I know updates are what twitter is for but hey you guys arent following me... I hope it turns out. I also just picked a few grains that I like the taste of and had the hops in the freezer this is a first for my own recipe
Grain bill
13 lbs US 2 row
1/2 lbs crystal 30
1/2 crystal 45
1/2 Victory malt
1 oz Magnum at 60min
.5 oz Magnum at 50
1 oz pearle at 30
.25 Saaz at 10
.5 at 5
1. Oz at 0

Any thoughts?

pretty crazy hop bill combination wise. I am sure it will turn out great though.

P.S. you don't need to stir the mash every 15 minutes, you may be doing more harm than good if your temp is dropping.

Keep us update :mug:

it keeps the temp, I am sparging right now. Maybe I should call it Nick's CRAZY IIPA

I was not very efficient in my mash my pre boil gravity was 1.058 OG of 1.075
I was hoping for 1.089. my temp was right on at 153 for an hour. I forgot to adjust the PH of the water, is this the reason I was not efficient? the sample tasted awesome. I had a starter of wl001 California and it was bubbling away after about 8 hours.

Latest posts

Back