New Belium Trippel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air Pirate

Reaction score
This is only the second beer ive had from this brewery so im not ultra familiar with them.

i have to say, im pretty disapointed with it. im not sure what the problem is exactly... but it doesnt taste right. im not talking about off flavors or skunkiness, i just dont like this beer. it certianly doesnt taste like the Trappist trippels.

and that surprised me because i kind of like their fat tire, in as much as its an easy drinking beer that is better than bmc...

I have to agree, course I have yet to find a NB beer I like. All of their beers seem overly sweet to me.

I don't really like the Trippel either, the Abbey (which is a dubbel style) is better and more true to its style

I tried it last night and couldnt finish the bottle, it may have been me not being in the mood for something that heavy or the fact that it tasted awful, but normally I can get through a awful beer. I did drink Natty Boh for years.

+100

I pretty much despise everything from NB except for Fat Tire. I've not had the Ranger IPA though which I hear is ok.

I take it back, the Summersault was drinkable, but that may or may not have been because the bartender that told me she liked it is super hot.

NB Tripel is among my least favorite tripels but I have definitely had worse.

I also agree that Abbey is a superior beer. I like some of the NB beers but there are many I can do without. NB Tripel is one I can do without.

NB may not make the greatest beers, but I feel they are often unique compared to much of what you find on the market, if nothing else.

Tripel is a good example of this. No, it's not a great trappist style beer. But for something relatively cheep, high in alcohol, and not hopped to high heaven, it's not too bad.

I find Tripel to be better than Abbey. I get nothing but banana from Abbey.

NB makes some really great beers in their "Lips of Faith" series, which are really good and really unique, much better than there main line of beers.

Latest posts

Back