Last day of my twenties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still sob like a little girl, but drink the whole time? thats what i always do when i'm questioning life. did you worry about your last day as a teen? no. so drink up and welcome in the next day of your life (or the toilet, which ever comes first)

Hang out with young people that make you feel good?

I can't do that anymore, there was talk of calling the police last time I tried it.

Hang out with young people that make you feel good?

I can't do that anymore, there was talk of calling the police last time I tried it.

haha. classic.

i thought about spiting on my screen even though i wasn't drinking anything!:tank:

By the way, I can't speak for the rest of it but the next 20 years should be some of the best of your life.

Geez, don't I WISH I were turning 30! I recently celebrated the THIRTY-SIXTH anniversary of my 29th birthday!

glenn514:mug:

You're no longer a dumb kid in his 20s, and are now a sophisticated gentleman in his 30s.

Show up to your local watering hole where single women are present (or single men if thats your thing, Im a New Yorker I dont judge.) Order a drink and announce loudly enough for others to hear that it is your 30th birthday. Thank me later.

You're no longer a dumb kid in his 20s, and are now a sophisticated gentleman in his 30s.

LulzSecLogo.png
...................................:confused:

And thanx for the pre-b-day wishes. :mug:

All my freinds, my wife and I all turn(ed) 30 in 2012 (late 2011). I am the last to go through the big change next August. We're planning a weekend getaway to celebrate us all being older. I suggest trying to get arrested one more time before being an adult.

You have never been pulled over?! Maybe that's why you're freaking out about 30 - you haven't lived, haha! I was pulled over at least 4 times before I was 14... and a load more since.
You know, they say live a life with no regrets, but I say if you don't regret anything you weren't living.
Cheers bud, enjoy it. There are a lot of things worse than 30.

Hunter

The average person doesn't REALLY become an adult until they are around 25, so at 30 you are really only 5 years into adulthood...

My 30's were much more interesting and fulfilling than my 20's... and as I sit in my 40's, I FEEL like I did when I was about 27 or 28, but have more wisdom to go with it... I'm pretty darned happy... broke as hell, but happy :D

Ha, Ha! I'm hitting double that in Feb. and the last two years have been the best ever. Finding the right woman after decades of looking can do that.

hell, I am 29 too and I feel better than I have physically at any other point in my life.

They way I see, you aren't old until you say you are. I am pretty pumped to see what my 30's bring me (in just 3 short months.).

Nothing changes until you go to the doctor and they tell you you have high cholesterol, a torn rotator cuff, hangovers last 2-3 days. you cant play basketball because your out of breath, etc. Other than that, its all the same.:mug:

Im 38, run more miles than i ever did in high school,more active than when i was 13-25,i figure i get older i can do better and know better,know what i mean.
I remember turning 30, and thanks for posting this by the way. I made a 4 year car lease buy and was like ugh im gonna be 34 when i pay this ***** off. That was a big deal for me.That and i was a dishwasher in a very fun college town in the Pacific northwest,parents split,there was the war just starting, and i was like what the **** am i doing with my life??So i left and started all over back in my home town.
Dont drink and drive- youll be lucky if you get caught,and better than killing someone or yourself. Ive done it hundreds of times learned my lesson the second round actually clearing my first owi(after a 10 yr gap), making my 2nd my first.Ive been carefull and lucky but caught with the normal a little over speed limit and not turning on my lights in a well lit down town(couldnt tell- but i was pretty lit) coming out of a bar just going a few miles home after a nasty angy night with my girlfriend.Not to mention havent even been out to a bar in over a year, then.Nice karma. that was just a reminder that i REALLY will never drive after more than 2 beers.Thanks to hombrewing i dont have to worry about it,even brewpubs at least around here right now they are not worth drinking more than some samplers anyway, but watch out the brewpubs is a rising- not too fast or that great around here though.

Im 38, run more miles than i ever did in high school,more active than when i was 13-25,i figure i get older i can do better and know better,know what i mean.
I remember turning 30, and thanks for posting this by the way. I made a 4 year car lease buy and was like ugh im gonna be 34 when i pay this ***** off. That was a big deal for me.That and i was a dishwasher in a very fun college town in the Pacific northwest,parents split,there was the war just starting, and i was like what the **** am i doing with my life??So i left and started all over back in my home town.
Dont drink and drive- youll be lucky if you get caught,and better than killing someone or yourself. Ive done it hundreds of times learned my lesson the second round actually clearing my first owi, making my 2nd my first.Ive been carefull and lucky but caught with the normal a little over speed limit and not turning on my lights in a well lit down town(couldnt tell- but i was pretty lit) coming out of a bar just going a few miles home after a nasty angy night with my girlfriend.Not to mention havent even been out to a bar in over a year, then.Nice karma. that was just a reminder that i REALLY will never drive after more than 2 beers.Thanks to hombrewing i dont have to worry about it,even brewpubs right now they are not worth drinking more than some samplers anyway, but watch out the brewpubs is a rising- not so fast or great around here though.

Weirdest post I've read all week: congratulations. :mug:

Weirdest post I've read all week: congratulations. :mug:

Yeah I agree, weird.

Did I tell you I just turned 51 this summer and my brother will be turning 30 next month? He used to work at a gas station in his teens, then later got a job at some factory but now he owns a bait shop. Not much business this time a year though so he got a part time job at Sears until spring. Spring is a nice time of the year. My sister turns 60 this spring. This spring I plan to tape a trip to......

...ok I over exaggerated. Just kidding :D

(...how'd I do that? Spell checker?)

i turned the unspeakable age a month and a half ago

my recommendation... brew a big a$$ beer, drink like no one cares, and do every last stupid thing before the actual moment....

Happy Birthday Scrambledegg! Don't fear the number. I'm fiftyeighteen and only been brewing for almost two years. Got a lot more batches to look forward to.

Congrats on being 30,dude sorry for the weird drunken run-on ramble,sometimes the mind works faster than the fingers.Enjoy that sumpin wild i loved that beer,liked it a little more than the sumpin sumpin i just tried not too long ago. Even though im 38 i still feel like im 23-sometimes,until i wake up i guess, ha .

I can't top the weirdest drunk driving confession ever, but if the point was supposed to be that your thirties are scariest right before they start and then exactly like life so far, I agree.

Back