Any Detroit based brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
I am planning a day trip to Detroit to catch a Tigers game. I have a very limited amount of time for the trip, so it will be a fly in, go to game, spend the night, fly out type of deal.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the downtown area near Comerica on the bus from the airport?

From as near as I can guess, about 1hr 45 minutes. Depending on the day and time you travel, it will include at least one transfer from the regional (S.M.A.R.T) bus to a City of Detroit Bus (a “DDOT” bus) and also possibly 2 or more periods of having to walk on foot ... once you are in the City the longer of which is a little more than 2 klicks, from Grand River to Columbia on Woodward, which may take approx 15 minutes depending on what you encounter.

You should do some thorough planning for both of the bus systems, and by streetmaps and printed info to avoid problems if something goes wrong ... particularly because the SMART (regional) bus customer service closes at 6pm on weekdays and 4pm on Saturday (no Sunday hours) .... and the Detroit DDOT bus has customer service operators until 6pm weekdays and no operator assistance at all on the weekends.

Be careful when riding the DDOT busses.

btw: you’ll be within about 3 minutes of the Detroit Beer Company, midway on that longer walk. (http://detroitbeerco.com/Default.aspx)

From what I have seen the SMART bus is the way to go, but the schedule is not loading for some reason?

Both SMART and DDOT have websites.
On SMART their "trip planner" is essentially a google applet. You enter "metro airport" as the start-location and "comerica park" as the destination.
The resulting google map will have the route highlighted, and by clicking on the "stickpin" bus identifier at the start point (the airport) you can continue clicking "next" and be informed of the routes, walks and times.

Back