How many kegs can I fit into my kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreyrak

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to both this forum and brewing in general (3 batches and counting), so I apologize if this is well worn turf or too specific.

I just bought a commercial kegerator for a steal, and I'm wondering if I should buy a one or two keg system. It measures 25" deep. 20" wide. 35" high (from the outside. By my measurements it would definitely be a tight squeeze, and I don't want to buy the system without a good guess that it'll work.

What do you guys think?

Those are the outer dimension?

You really need to get the internal dimensions to make any kind of determination, as those can vary considerably.

There is a simple technique you can use. Take a corny keg and make paper cutout templates of the top/bottom and then line them in the freezer like you were squeezing kegs in there. Keep in mind that you will also have to account for space taken up by tubing and disconnects on the kegs, and any regulators, CO2 tanks, manifolds, etc. that you will be putting in there.

Thanks, weirdboy.
I'll take a measurement as soon as I pick the thing up this Sunday.
Good call on the paper with the 9" diameter.

Back