Bottling a Belgian Tripel: Conditioning and crap like that

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you plan on the beer sitting in the secondary either really cold or a long time, don't bother adding more yeast. I have let beers sit for over 2 months and they still had plenty of yeast in suspension for carbing.

Whatever sanitizer you use for your equipment will be fine for your corks. Just let them sit in a bowl of the liquid and grab them as needed while corking. Are you using Belgian bottles with the wire cages or wine bottles? In the Belgian bottles, you may have to mess with it to get the right depth but it's really easy after that.

Trying to continue from the title. Recently I bottled a 10% strong ale with priming sugar.

After one week I sampled it and there was no carbonation. Is that normal?

That is absolutely normal. One week is not long enough to carbonate a 4% ABV beer. With it being 10%, let it sit for 2 months and then try it. If it isn't carbonated yet, move it to a warmer spot and try again in another month.

Thanks bknife, I was worried it might be something I did wrong. I've followed your advice by putting the bottles in a warmer spot. Sometimes I hit the panic button for no reason...noob syndrome.

Back