Another Portable Keg Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GateTwelve

Reaction score
Sorry, just excited that all my parts finally came in (and that everything fits together).

DSC_0375.jpg

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/GateTwelve/?action=view&current=DSC_0375.jpg

Now I just need to buy/make a keg glove. Superbowl deadline is looking good.

lol, last time I brought a keg to a football event it was 37* or something and refrigeration was my last concern!

Oh, it'll be colder than that here, too. But the TV is a long way from an exterior door, so I was hoping to keep it inside.

I'm actually disappointed with the shininess of the keg. I've washed it 4-5 times with caustic soda now, and it still isn't shiny enough. :mad:

Nice setup.

Mine still uses only 3 gallon kegs. I need to make a collar so it can take 3 or 5 gallon kegs.

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

Sorry, just excited that all my parts finally came in (and that everything fits together).
Now I just need to buy/make a keg glove. Superbowl deadline is looking good.

That looks fantastic! Can you give us a little more detail on the parts? I have a paintball CO2 tank and a remote line that I've been dying to hook up to a corny in order to create a portable rig.

That looks fantastic! Can you give us a little more detail on the parts? I have a paintball CO2 tank and a remote line that I've been dying to hook up to a corny in order to create a portable rig.

It's a little different since I have the regulator connected directly to the keg (figured it would be safer/more stable to have it on the keg, rather than the easily tippable CO2 tank)

Parts:

Rather than using the remote line, you can buy an adapter to engage the pin valve on the paintball tank: http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Adapter-CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-tank-Adapter_p_1122.html. But I opted for the remote line, because 1.) that would mean that I wasn't responsible for making/clamping gas lines (me and things that have a capability of leaking don't get along), and 2.) after spending the $15 + $5 shipping on the adapter, I'm at the cost of an Ebay remote line.

As a follow-up for the pour: venting the pressure, and reducing to 2PSI gives a flawless pour from the 6" party tap. Thanks, EdWort!

Back