New Brewing Pot... Spike Brewing vs Polarware vs ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyTop11

Reaction score
I have been using a 9 gallon cheap turkey fryer and pot and wanting to upgrade to stainless steel brew pot. Im trying to obviously get the best for my money and would ultimately like to get a 2 hole pot, one for ball valve and one for thermometer. May turn it into a mash tun at somepoint or get a 2nd one. What pot do you recommend? Don't plan on doing over 5 gallon batches anytime soon. Have read about spike brewing, and my lhbs has polarware.

If you are going to make it into a tun you may want to consider 15 gallon. I do five gallon batches and have a 10 gallon Blichmann but wished I went with the 15 gallon. I can only do about 24lbs of grain. Would like the flexibility to do more.

If you are going to make it into a tun you may want to consider 15 gallon. I do five gallon batches and have a 10 gallon Blichmann but wished I went with the 15 gallon. I can only do about 24lbs of grain. Would like the flexibility to do more.

So you can actually go over 24 lbs doing all grain 5 gallon batches? Wow, i will go for the 15 gallon then. Love it and dont want to under buy.

When thinking about buying a 10gal kettle take a long hard look into the future. We have so many people come back and say they wish they would have gotten the larger kettle right away. Funny how family and friends come out of the woodwork once they hear you're brewing your own beer...

:mug:

Latest posts

Back