Roast House Pub Frederick, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I stopped by this pub on Sunday and had a good couple of brews with a samich. Pulled roast beef samich was ok but really dry and came with some reheated roasted red potatoes(some warm some cold). Mama had some mac n cheese which was interesting. Came with a nice crispy top n bottom served as a good sized square chunk on a plate.

We asked for 2 pints of the Troegs Java head Stout which was real good. One was free because he could not fill both glasses since the keg had just run out. I didn't think that was needed since they were both within 3/8' from the top of the glass. Anyway finished that up and was looking at a choc peanut butter porter from Duclaw. He offered to get me a shot to taste so I figured sure why not. Tasted good so I ordered one and we finished our meal. Then waited for 20 minutes for our waiter to get back to us. Finally get our check and find he charged .75cents for the taste. I'll know next time not to fall for that trick. It should be mentioned up front. Anyway I'll go again for some beers and sample some other dishes. Generally a good place to find some good brews on tap.
:mug:

They were up front about the price on tasters whenever I've been, probably slipped their mind. It does appear that they upped the price on them though. They used to have them at 50 cents which was a steal. Try 20 beers for $10, still 20 beers for $15 isn't too shabby. I agree that the food in general isn't all that special. It isn't bad, but there isn't anything that knocks you off your feet either. I do recommend the turkey sandwich highly though. The brie & cranberry makes for a great combination. But again, it's nothing I'll just get a random craving for.

Yea they would be better off selling someone a 5oz pour then slipping them shots. Still I'm gonna try some beers there so 20 on tap will be thoroughly investigated lol

:D

Latest posts

Back