clarity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frijole

Reaction score
This is my first brew, I have it in the glass carboy 1 week in. the co2 release valve is bubbling once every 15 seconds or so. It is still cloudy although the yeast bits are getting smaller and smaller. I am wondering if it will get clear. I am planning on leaving in the carboy one more week and then putting it into bottles. will this work?

n29908497_32511291_9231.jpg

Looks like you still have a krausen on top, so it is still going.. Just leave it alone...many of us leave our beers in primary for 3-4 weeks. I leave mine alone for a month and they are crystal clear and really clean and crisp tasting.

Just let it be and it will clear up fine.

Agreed. It isn't going to start clearing for at least 2 weeks. Leave it in there 3 to 4 weeks as Revvy says.

I'm going on week 3 of my Irish Red Ale and it's getting pretty clear and still occasionally bubbling. You want to leave it in past primary fermentation to allow the yeast to tackle the more complex sugars and to clean up after themselves.

Let it condition. :rockin:

Back