I Thought I Learned My Lesson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
So I have a mac now and I've got the professional version of office that includes Virtual PC (thanks to a buddy that works for microsoft). I mainly use it to run Promash. I got everything installed several weeks ago and then this morning I try to open windows up and it's corrupted or something. My recipes are gone again, because I'm an idiot and didn't back them up, except for some that I exported to html. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, everything is installed...time to break out the paper copies of the recipes...:mad:

If I was smarter I would have backed the recipe up on a cd, but apparently I'm not, so here I am redoing all my recipes, again.

Just think of this as an 'opportunity' to tweak them now that your knowledge has grown since they were first written!

:cross: :drunk: ;)

Brewsmith said:
Ok, everything's back and backed up on cd. Let's not do that again...:mad:

Be careful with that CD. Those CD's you burn at home can have a very short shelf life if not stored carefully. And even if stored carefully they tend to just start going bad after 5 or so years.

A quick google search led me to this
http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?page_id=247

You could always get a second harddisk and setup routine backups. My Linux system does automatic dailies on data and weeklies on the system. BSD (AKA OS X's guts) can do the same thing.

Back