Remember the Yooper War!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was interesting. I lived in MI for years and never realized this had ever happened.

LOL....

Some of us downsaters wonder if winning that piece of land was really a good thing. :D

Of course now we can claim a certain brewbabe as our own, so I guess that's not all bad!

Ive mentioned this for years and I've only found one history professor to acknowledge it.

I usually get a weird look, and utter disbelief.

Same thing happened when mentioning the Toledo War (territory fight for the Toledo strip). Happy to see that one mentioned in there too.

This brings back memories of History teachers and professors being dismissive when questioned and not researching on their own if they didn't read it in a textbook. lovely public schools. haha :p

LOL....

Some of us downsaters wonder if winning that piece of land was really a good thing. :D

Of course now we can claim a certain brewbabe as our own, so I guess that's not all bad!

Yoopers wonder the same thing ... damn lower dwellers/leaf-peepers interferrin' in their business.

I think we should go after the rest of that country next!:D

canadian_bacon.jpg

That's funny, I had no idea this happened. My history classes all concentrated on the war of 1812. I wonder what things would look like now if there was a Republic of Michigan sitting there. :D

That's funny, I had no idea this happened. My history classes all concentrated on the war of 1812. I wonder what things would look like now if there was a Republic of Michigan sitting there. :D

Spoiler Alert: The article is a fake, the guy made it all up, even down to the footnotes...I posted it because it just goes to show how fallible Wikipedia is.

Back