It's BREW DAY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
All my stuff has arrived from Midwest Supplies and I have a 3 day stretch of days off. It's BREW DAY! This will be my first batch ever. I went with an extract kit from Midwest called Big River Brown Ale. I've read everyones posts on how hard it is to totally ruin a batch of beer.(ya'll just don't know me...) So we'll see. I'm actually excited!

Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough to get the boil done.

I'll keep everyone updated.

It's true. It really is pretty hard to ruin a beer. Unless you get an infection or do something crazy like forget to add any hops at all you'll still get beer of some sort. May not be the best beer you've ever tasted, but chances are it will be good enough to drink.

Brew on! :mug:

Relax, you'll do fine. Just be yourself and have a good time. Try not to overindulge during the brewing, and remember, the yeast know what they are doing. Let them do their thing for 3 weeks before messing with them! (It will be hard, but I know you can do it!)

Good luck. Everything went wrong with my first batch (broken floating thermometer, dropped an unsanitized spoon in the fermenter) and it turned out great. I was so worried about it, but it turned out to be one of the best brews I did. If you drink while you brew, just don't let the alcohol get the best of you and make you rush, or forget a step. RDWHAHB! Good luck.

As you know from my posts, I just brewed that one last Thursday. It really wasn't that hard, just relax and watch your temps. I cleaned/sanitized the ish out of everything, got excited and steeped the grains too high.

Have fun. You'll freak out until you see signs of fermentation, then you'll freak because you think its infected.

If I didn't screw it up, neither will you.

So relax and take your time!

Back