Possible fruit infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truekey

Reaction score
Doing a three gallon batch of a strawberry cider. I used a pound of frozen strawberries in the primary and I also always add yeast nutrient (the recommended amount per gallon) and I've never seen fermentation with big white bubbles like this.

image-1423318586.jpg

It's fermenting quite strongly still about three days in. Just wondering if this is abnormal as my last batch was not this crazy looking.

Good thing you used a 5 gallon carboy for three gallons of cider...that would have been messy. Looks good to me.

This is interesting, I'd like to see what info you get, should I ever see the same problem.

Good luck with the batch, though.

LeBreton said:
Looks like bubbles to me, but not an infection. If it forms a skin, then you're looking at trouble.

It's a three gallon carb but I left so,e head space in there. Whew.

Bubbles are super white and foamy.

The only reason I bothered asking is because of the strawberries I added. I realize adding in the secondary would have been better but I didn't have anything to transfer it in to

Latest posts

Back