How many keggles do I really need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticks22

Reaction score
How many do I really need to buy? I see alot of people with 3 of them but are 3 really nessasary? can I get by with maybe 1 or 2? Jus' wondering!

There are several ways to brew. It depends on which method you choose. Some people do a traditional 3 vessel setup. Some do 2. Some do 1 with BIAB. Take a look around here. 1847 posts of people posting their rigs and comments on them. You can get an idea of the different methods available before committing to anything.

Irregularpulse is right, there's all sorts of configurations. The only thing that is a must is a boil pot. If your not directly heating your mash tun you don't need a pot there. Mashing can be done in coolers. Sparge water can be heated in your boil pot and stored in a cooler as well. I use two 10 gallon kettles, one for boil and one for HLT and a round 10 gallon cooler for mashing. That's a pretty typical setup around here. You can make great beer with a minimum of equipment.

Back