Twist offs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigNick73

Reaction score
Whats needed to cap these? I can get plenty of em, so was wondering why I can't find a capper and caps for home use.

i dont think you can, just start drinking sam adams, thats what i did i have over 4 cases of emptys now lol

Twist offs dont cap well. You can use them if you are in a pinch and need bottles but those are the ones I would drink first.

You need a benchcapper. Do not use a hand held capper - it will break the tops off.
I have been using twist offs for bottles for years and have never had a problem with either the beers being flat due to the co2 escaping nor have I had a bottle break whilst capping. Use a benchcapper though!

I second Dibby. Used a wing capper and broke 2/3 necks off Sierra Nevada pre-pry-offs. Get a bench capper or drink pry-offs.

The ultimate in recycling

A fellow I know reuses both the twist off bottles and caps. He simply twists them back on. :mug:

Do the search ... thousands of these topics have been around :)

I've accidentally used twist offs before and I used the wing capper. I guess luckily they didn't break. Never heard that before.

.. they didn't lose co2 either.

Yup, I have an 87 yr old bench capper from ebay (like $20) and it caps twist offs with no problem

abracadabra said:
The ultimate in recycling

A fellow I know reuses both the twist off bottles and caps. He simply twists them back on. :mug:

Does he have a problem with the beer being flat?

Latest posts

Back