Suggestions for Beers From Florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBoy47

Reaction score
So my buddy is heading to Florida, I think Miami, this weekend and offered to bring me back a few bottles. Im from California so it will be nice to try a few east coast beers. Unfortunately I have no idea what is available in that area. I know Cigar City is supposed to have some really good beers. Anyway, all suggestions will be appreciated. And keep in mind that I can only have him bring about 4 bottles or so back.....So make them count!!!

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA- 12 oz bottles
Cigar City Humidor Series- bombers- get 2 or 3 cause it's amazing.

The Florida beer co makes a beer alled southernmost wheat that has key lime in it.

Red Brick Brewing co is from Georgia but only distributes in the SE states. Their special release stuff is pretty good.

I'd stick mostly with the Cigar City bombers. The Humidor IPA is incredible!!

Nice! Do you know how many beers from the humidor series are available right now?

Florida beer is not worth your time or money. I will add my vote got anything CCB makes. Also I don't know if you can get terrapin but they are good for sure.

Cigar City:

Jai Alai Humidor
Cubano Espresso Brown
and any one-offs or collaboration beers.

I will definately have him bring back some Cigar City beers. Is there any other great breweries that distribute in Florida that dont get distributed on the west coast? They dont have to be brewed in Florida.

I will definately have him bring back some Cigar City beers. Is there any other great breweries that distribute in Florida that dont get distributed on the west coast? They dont have to be brewed in Florida.

Swamphead is pretty good - especially their Midnight Oil and Stumpknocker, but they don't bottle (other than their saison, which is excellent, and their Cigar City collaboration, which I heard was kind of meh).

Tequesta makes an excellent Koelsch, but again, I do not know if they are bottling their beers.

The Bold City Red is nice, but - same as above - dunno about bottles.

Stay away from the Orange Blossom Pilsner beers.

St Somewhere if you like belgians
Swamphead makes good beers for the hophead but I am not sure they distribute in bottles yet

definitely need to check out the Cigar City Maduro. pretty easy beer to find in florida.

also, if your buddy is headed to south florida, tell him to stop by the Big Bear Brewery in Coral Springs. excellent beer and nice people. if you entertain the brew master with beer talk (trust me, he'll be really excited due to the lack of home brewers in south florida), he'll give you some bottles or let you fill up a growler. the bourbon barrel IIPA is amazing.

definitely stay away from Palm Beach Brewing Co.

Had some Orlando Brewing beers this past December, even did a brewery tour there. Really quality beer and only 1 of 10 USDA-recognized organic breweries in the US. One of the best Pale Ales I've ever had, and I don't generally care for Pale Ales.

When I was in Florida last month, I only had a chance to check out Cigar City and Florida Beer Co. Definitely get a few Cigar City brews. I wouldn't recommend anything by Florida Beer Co. Thankfully, the tasting was free, and I was staying in Melbourne, so it wasn't out of the way. Though, that did guilt me into buying a six pack of the pilsner. But, it was only $7.

Saissons only I thought?

Their two mainstays are a saison and an "abbey ale" that they describe as a Belgian Strong Pale Ale...they describe themselves as a "brewer of traditional Belgian style ales"

+1 for the cool corked bottles as well

Which reminds me... on the subject of Cigar City/saisons... try to get your hands on a bottle of the Guava Grove Saison. It is a saison with guava fermented with the St Somewhere house yeast strain

Tampa Bay Brewing Company!!! Ybor city..... Moose killer is awesome.....and any of their in house brewed Beers!!!:mug:

A bit far from south Florida... but they just started selling their Elephant Foot IPA in 16oz cans ($10/4 pack) so you may be able to get your hands on that if you are lucky. Decent IPA no doubt

Back