Pacman - Wyeast 1764

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slykwilli

Reaction score
I was trying to find some info online about this particular strain, but I am not having much luck. I have a new pack of this awaiting use in the fridge but I am unsure of which recipes to use it in. Would anyone know what dry and other liquid yeasts I could sub this out for? (ie safale s-04 or is it closer to s-05) Just wondering as most recipes do not call for this yeast ...... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is this yeast always available? I thought it was a special release from Rogue that was limited. It is supposed to be a really great, high attenuating, clean yeast. You could sub it for either the 04 or 05. Ferment between 60-70, best results at the lower end of that range.

It's a clean, flocculant, and attenuates well.
sub for an American ale yeast.

I couldn't find the link for Pacman on Wyeast's website.

You can brew anything with it pretty much. Actually the temp you ferment dictates a lot of the flavors, in many of Rogues beers. I believe they talk about the fermentation temps of Rogues website...IIRC for dead guy they ferment at 60 degrees.

I know there's temp info somewhere.

Latest posts

Back