GreenSmoke E-Cigarettes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrncomfrt1884

Reaction score
I want to first say I'm sorry for this shameless spam..

I recently bought one of the GreenSmoke Electronic Cigarettes and I'm so happy with them I figured I'd let everyone here know about them. I hardly ever write this kind of message online, but felt that the prouct was worth the praise.

I've been trying to quit smoking for years. Not because of the price, but because of the health hazards. I was at work a month or so ago and a co-worker came into our break room to have a "smoke break". Confused (we're non-smoking, as with the rest of Illinois), I asked him what he was doing. He showed me an electronic cigarette.

I immediately went home and scoured the internet for information on them. After searching for a few days and researching, I found the GreenSmoke to be the best option, although a bit more expensive. It's a little heavier than a normal cigarette, but you don't notice much after getting used to it. It feels and tastes just like a normal cigarette (other than the weight).

GreenSmoke offered a built-in atomizer with every cartridge, so there's no need to worry about burning your atomizer up and having to buy new ones every few months.

The e-cigarette also has no tar, no tobacco, and no second hand smoke. This means it's perfectly legal to smoke indoors in non-smoking establishments. It doesn't even have a smell to the vapor that is exhaled (which looks just like smoke). This also means that it's 10 times healthier for you. You get your nicotine fix without all the extra toxic chemicals.

I can't say enough about the customer service and quality of this company.

I just wanted to post this incase there's any other smokers on the forum who are interested in an alternative way of smoking.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Otherwise visit GreenSmoke to get more information. Also, when the company sent me mine, they gave me a discount code to give people incase I wanted to refer someone.

At the checkout, use code disc10-6561 for 10% off.

I just wanted to post this incase there's any other smokers on the forum who are interested in an alternative way of smoking.

So are you quitting or just using that to get your nicotine?

Including your Affiliate code (6561) in the direct link and the discount code might come across as fairly sleazy to some.....

So are you quitting or just using that to get your nicotine?

I bought it to slowly step down my smoking. Since it has multiple levels of nicotine, I'm going to decrease it every weeks or so until I can get to the 0 nicotine.

Including your Affiliate code (6561) in the direct link and the discount code might come across as fairly sleazy to some.....

Yes, I thought it would be also. As I said, I'm very happy with this product. I signed up for the affiliate program because I felt it was a product worth promoting. I'm not saying you have to use my discount code, but it's there if you'd like. I've taken the affiliate code out of the link because I just realized it auto-adds things to the cart for purchase, and I don't really care about the money.

I heard about these but I am confused on the theory.

So with these you control the amount of nicotine, there is no real smoke and it satisfies your need to smoke something. So what happens when you get down to where you don't need the nicotine but still have a habit of smoking something? You just stop that habit?

I guess I mean smoking less slowly would do the same thing for the nicotine and also ween you off the whole need to be smoking something.

What stops you from smoking these more often or longer to get the nicotine you crave? Either way it seems you need to be the one to put in the effort to cut back. Sorry if I don't understand, I never smoked.

I think these E cigs are great from what ive seen so i ordered one
yesterday to try. I just dont want to smoke up the house this
winter while enjoying some of my brew. If it works like advertised
i'll be happy to never smoke a commercial cigarette again. Especially
now that they are all Fire Safe cigarette's coated with carpet clue
to keep them from burning with about 4000 more toxic chemicals.

I know 3 guys at work that use them. They get so easy to use ,that you end up smoking more. Some of them have had heart palpitations from smoking so much or losing track of how much they use them. They are super easy to use at work while at your desk or in the car. Just be careful.

I know 3 guys at work that use them. They get so easy to use ,that you end up smoking more. Some of them have had heart palpitations from smoking so much or losing track of how much they use them. They are super easy to use at work while at your desk or in the car. Just be careful.

Yes, this is definately an issue. I found myself for the first few days smoking in areas just because I knew I could now. At that point, I realized I was smoking more often and cut myself back to my normal times. When I used to have a typical cigarette, I will now have about 10 puffs off my e-cig. I currently still use it outside, but I'm sure in the winter, it will be nice not to. It is a little wierd to get used to. No ashes, so I don't have to flick the butt. Not carrying a lighter around with me. Little things are very noticable to smokers. But...as far as electic cigarettes go, this thing is incredible.

As for being smokeless...no. It smokes like a real cigarette. The "smoke" that's emitted it more of a water vapor mixed with flavoring and nicotine. The only ones that smell are the flavored ones, and the smoke dissapates fairly quickly unlike tobacco smoke.

I want to point out that these are not a "stop smoking" device. As it says on Greensmoke.com, these are a healthier alternative to normal smoking. As was said above, normal cigs have about 4000 chemicals and 20+ carcinagens. Green Smokes have 4 chemicals. Purified water, nicotine, propylene glycol (used in cake mixes apparently) and flavoring.

I'm using mine to slowly get myself off cigarettes, but as with normal smoking, it will take a bit of willpower. In the meantime, I can rest easy knowing I'm not destroying my lungs with tobacco smoke, tar, and cancer.

so does it actually feel and taste like your smoking a real cig, do you get that same enjoyment out of it!! its so expensive it would suck to buy it and hate it!!!!

so does it actually feel and taste like your smoking a real cig, do you get that same enjoyment out of it!! its so expensive it would suck to buy it and hate it!!!!

I love mine. I smoked menthol lights before I bought this. I was told that if you smoke lights, you should still buy the full flavor with e-cigs because the "throat hit" won't feel quite right. I ended up buying the 16mg cartridges and WOW! It hits extremely well. The only thing different about the feel is the weight. I've had about 10 other smokers I know try it out and they all love it. I'm not a fan of the flavored cartridges, but I do like the normal tobacco and menthol. I think they also carry a cartridge that's supposed to taste just like marlboro reds, but I haven't tried it yet.

The price is a bit high. If it wasn't for the fact that it's a two piece design and the atomizers are disposable, I wouldn't have bought it. I'm glad I did though.

SO I have tried to quit unsucessfully. I had a major campaign about a year or two ago. I tried hypnotism, the patch, welbutrin, cold turkey. No go all the way around. I know, will power.....not one of my strongpoints.

For me I find the habit of smoking is much more ingrained in me than the need for nicotine. So is there a way to just cut the nicotine back to the point where there is little or none, but you are still performing the act of smoking? That would maybe be the magic ticket for me I think.

Yes. The greensmoke cigarette allows you to choose the level of nicotine in your cartridges. It ranges from 16mg down to 0mg. Basically you're still getting the mental fix at 0mg without the nicotine. Ive seen ecigs priced as low as $49 all the way up to $200+. This is a more expensive one. My uncle bought the Blu for $59 and its been broken since the 3rd week he had it. You get what you pay for.

Yes. The greensmoke cigarette allows you to choose the level of nicotine in your cartridges. It ranges from 16mg down to 0mg. Basically you're still getting the mental fix at 0mg without the nicotine. Ive seen ecigs priced as low as $49 all the way up to $200+. This is a more expensive one. My uncle bought the Blu for $59 and its been broken since the 3rd week he had it. You get what you pay for.

That may be true, but out of 4 that tried it and bought one at work. Only 1 is still using it. All of them liked it, but they found themselves using it too much. 3 of them bought the cheap ones and 1 of them bought the $200 one. They dont have any complaints about the cheap one. It may be a good choice for a first timer. You could always buy a more expensive one down the road. You'll want to have 2 anyway, so when one is dead and needs recharging.

They dont have any complaints about the cheap one. It may be a good choice for a first timer. You could always buy a more expensive one down the road. You'll want to have 2 anyway, so when one is dead and needs recharging.

That's another reason I like mine. It comes with an extra battery, and unlike others, the atomizer is built right into the cartridge. Most companies give you one atomizer, so when your battery is dead, you have to switch it from unit to unit. Mine allows be to have both my main battery, and my backup battery running at the same time.

I don't doubt there could be some cheap one's out there that are nice. But, the customer service and lengthy wait times (not to mention the quality) at Blu dissappointed me enough to spend a little more money.

This whole thread has gotten me pretty interested, which usually means obsessive research LOL. Here is what I have found. It looks like one of the best forums for knowlegeable discussion on e-cigarettes is
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

It looks like Green Smoke is a decent brand, however you may be able to find the same thing unbranded from a couple retailers that you will see recommended in the above forum. Models Joye-510, KR-808D1 (vapor king), and DSE 801 and 901 are frequently recommended.

Lastly it looks like CA will be banning these devices this week, and they are likely to be banned nationally. There is nothing specifically dangerous about them, but the FDA is considering them a medical delivery device (because they are being marketed as a way to inject nicotine for the purpose of a smoking cessation program) Anyway, as a medical delivery device the FDA looks likely to ban them based on the fact they have no testing or FDA approval. That is unfortunate because there seem to be many members at the forum I posted above who claim to be cigarette free for significant periods of time due to these devices. Yes, they could apply for FDA testing and approval, but that will be a long and expensive process, and will be dogged by both cigarette companies, as well as pharmacuetical companies (who stand to lose revenue on their patches, and nicotine gum) There is a petition being circulated that you can also find on the linked forum.

I am not affiliated with the companies or the web site, and didn't even know of their existence until 2 days ago. If anyone else is intersted check out the web forum.

The FDA banning them is something I've seen recently. I don't know how seriously they're taking it nationally though. You'd think california would love them do to the enviornmental aspects of not burning.

As for the FDA, it's dissappointing. Cigarettes contain over 4000 chemicals and 25 or so carcinogens. Two major e-cigs were tested and found to have 1 carcinogen. That's not saying all of them have it though. Even if they did...it's WAY better for people than cigarettes. The FDA just wants to be able to make money off these things by making them harder to get.

I'll be pretty upset if they get banned and I'm not able to get cartridges for it. Maybe I'll buy up a few boxes while I can.

If you read through the posts at the e-cigarette forum it looks like the FDA is taking it fairly seriously. There is a member in the Navy and his base just banned them and confiscated all of them they knew of.

There are some fairly optimistic people on the forum that think they can fight it, but it seems clear to me the FDA has a strong leg to stand on. It has nothing to do with how safe they are, but they are becoming pretty popular and they can not be untested or unregulated. If you think about it, what would happen if 6 months from now one of the manufacturers was found to be putting a substance in the smoke generators that is harmful and a whole bunch of people started developing mouth cancer or something. I am not saying that will happen, just playing devils advocate. All of the sudden people would be screaming that regulators did not protect them. It seems most of these devices are coming out of China and unfortunately we have already seen what some Chinese companies will sometimes put in their products to make a profit.

I think it is a damn shame becasue I am exited about trying these out, and will likely try to order some stuff while it is still legally acquireable.

Yeah... when I was buying mine, I wanted one made in the U.S. Greensmoke seemed like the best bet.

I also found out that you can make your own or buy e-liquid to refill cartridges for a fraction of the cost of replacing them. That's something that probably won't be monitored by the FDA too much since I think they're only concerned about the devices themselves.

Another tip for anyone who's interested in an electronic cigarette (not just greensmoke).... Make sure it's made in the U.S. Because the FDA is looking into them right now, they're not allowing shipments into the country. If yours is made across seas, you won't get it, or it will take forever to get it.

Also, look for companies that aren't marketing it as a "stop smoking" device. As Zen Brew has stated, this is a big reason why the FDA is looking into them. They obviously want a piece of the pie. Green Smoke clearly states on their site that this is not intended for smoking cessation. A lot of people use it for this purpose, but as long as they don't market it that way, hopefully they won't be shut down.

Well, it looks like in the short term anyway Californians got a repreive from the e-cigarette ban. The governator vetoed the bill and it looks like they are going to look for a ruling from the FDA before they take any actions. I placed an order for a kit and should be receiving it late this week.

I went with one of the vendors from the e-cig web site. Vapor4 Life. They seem like a well reviewed vendor. I got the KR808D-1 stlye kit with all the goodies like USB pass through and personal charging case. it is a 2 piece design like the Greensmoke. A bit more money for the cartridges as they have the atomizer built in, but less hassle in the long run.

Very cool. I do wish I had something to charge mine on the go. It's usually no big deal as I have my laptop with me most days, but it'd be nice just incase. Keep me posted on how it works out.

My buddy just received his joye501 from innovapor.com.now i quit smoking when i went to snusing. But i really like his e cig. Its well made and convient. He got the plain flavoured tobacco drops. when you inhale, it has a good throat hit. I think and most of our friends who have tried it, seem to think that it has a roasted marshmellow flavour to it, which isnt a bad thing. I will probably order one when i get paid.

I would suggest e-cigs before I suggest Snus to someone. Yes, it's an alternative to smoking, but it's basically just as bad for you without the carcinogens. You still have the risk of throat and mouth cancers. With the e-cig...there's no worries. At least, none that are known of right now.

I would suggest e-cigs before I suggest Snus to someone. Yes, it's an alternative to smoking, but it's basically just as bad for you without the carcinogens. You still have the risk of throat and mouth cancers. With the e-cig...there's no worries. At least, none that are known of right now.

I don't think that's true. I mean, you said "without the carcinogens" so where's the cancer? Also, Snus has been around a long time, and well studied.

Anyway, still waiting on my 510. I'm going to build a USB rechargeable battery mod. Just gotta get the right box. I'll prolly use a 2xAA box like a lot of people.

I just got my joye 510 in today. i got it from innovapor.com. The only problem was attomizers are on backorder. they will ship them when they come in. I borrowed an atty from my buddy. I got the high strength menthal gold and ultra. I like the flavour and amount of vapor produced.

I have a 510 too. I really like it but will soon putting together a battery mod. Also, carts such. I've tried many mods done correctly it's not bad, but dripping is still superior. I'll prolly get/make an edobit.

Have you tried the lipton piramid tea bag mod? it make awesome vap!!!!alot better thenthe fill that come in the cartridges. I do like to drip.

I haven't had a problem with greensmokes cartridges. The flavors aren't all that great. I prefer the vanilla and chocolate over anything. But, the vapor is INSANE! I've mixed my own e-liquid using VG which is supposed to produce better vapor, but I still can't match the GS carts even with 30-40% VG.

i jost got my shipment of juice from awesome vapor. the menthol is awesome. Arno got my stuff to me from georgia to illinois in 3 days!!cheap prices and shipping. I even got the shwbo to try, and shes a none smoker and said it tastes good!!

My friend just got his order of camel juice, they mispelled it and it said "CAME", we tease him all the time.

do they give you worse cancer than real ciggys?

So far, it really hasn't been tested. All the initial thoughts are that it's WAY more healthy that normal cigarettes. The benefits of not inhaling tobacco far outweigh the downfalls of the few chemicals that are thought to be in a couple major brands of e-cigs. No tar, no tobacco, no smokers cough, no smelling like smoke, etc...

I've been smoking them for 3 or 4 months now and won't go back to normal cigarettes. I've already dropped my nicotine level down to 4mg compared to a normal Malboro menthol that's around 16mg. I smoke less, don't have a cough, and I'm happy about it.

Also, for anyone who smokes them, you might be interested in this article... http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,932876-1,00.html

This study was done in 1942, before e-cigs were even a thought. It basically claims that the inhalation of propylene glycol prevents the user from getting respiratory deseases.

I haven't been sick since I started smoking my e-cig, while many of my friends and family have contracted H1N1 and normal influenza. That's enough proof for me.

For anyone interested (and I hate to promote, but it's money in the bank), I can offer a 10% off discount at greensmoke if you use the code disc10-6561 at checkout. Greensmoke is more expensive that most e-cigs, but they're one of few retailers based in the US that offers a money back gaurantee and a 1 year warranty. I've tried a few other brands, and none of them produce vapor like the greensmoke. The flavors are a bit weak other than vanilla, but I can point you to cheaper cartriges and more flavors.

Electronic cigarette can be used in a similar way as you use a normal tobacco cigarette. After using it, you will feel the same sensation and enjoyment of smoking the traditional tobacco cigarette.

Latest posts

Back