Summerfest brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asidrane

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just brewed this Sunday night; it is a recipe I created mostly from ingredients I had already. What do people think?

Boil 3 gallons of water
Add 6.6 lbs extra light LME
Bring to a boil
Add .4 oz Columbus 14.5% aa
With 15 minutes left add
.5 oz saaz 4.0%
.5 oz Styrian golding 5.2%
.5 lbs amber candy sugar

Pitched Nottingham and put it in a wine fridge at 62 degrees. I didn't take a sample because it was late and I had been drinking homebrews all day.

Looks like it might make a good stew brew. Could be pretty thin bodied with no dextrinous malts plus that sugar in there, but it appears that's what you're going for with a summerfest brew.

Looks like it might make a good stew brew. Could be pretty thin bodied with no dextrinous malts plus that sugar in there, but it appears that's what you're going for with a summerfest brew.

What do you mean by a stew brew? A beer to cook with? how much maltodextrin would you have used? 8oz?

A stew brew is a recipe that you throw together from extra ingredients you have lying around. I don't know if I'd add maltodextrin at all -- I'd see how it turns out first. You can dissolve some in boiling water and add it post fermentation if you feel the beer is too thin.

Back