Had to cut short the boil......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjer

Reaction score
I was brewing (extract)this weekend and had to leave suddenly before I had finished. I had about 40 min in the boil and decided that I wasn't going to fully abort, soooooooo...I threw the wort chiller in and got about 6-8 min of boil on it for sanitizing(I hope) and ended with about a total boil of 45 or so minutes before chilling and pitching. All and all a quick finish up job. Aside from the short boil time and shorter than desired sanitizing the chiller time, I hit the pitch temp and it is now fermenting along quite well. I went kind of hoppy on this brew so if I miss a little IBU's I won't mind, but other than that did I damage my brew???

Thanks!!:confused:

I don't think you'll have a problem. Remember hoppy & bitter are two different beasts. Your batch will be slightly less bitter due to the shorter boil, but you probably didn't have time to add the aroma hops. No problem there, just dry hop with them.

Back