Glass Door or Stainless Steel Door Refrigerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damian07

Reaction score
hi all..... im thinking of buying a big refrigerator (2-3 door, 50-70cu ft)

the use of this refrigerator would be for fermentation and aging/storing beer, it would be temperature controlled by a ranco controller.

The question is, should I get glass door refrigerator to see fermentation activity and i guess its also pleasant to look at whats inside without having to open it.

or, plain stainless steel doors and get better insulation from the doors and have the refrigerator's compressor turn on for less time and prevent any light from going into the fridge and potentially damaging beer in glass carboys ...

anybody have refrigerators this big that can provide feedback....pro's/cons ?

thanks!!!

or, plain stainless steel doors and get better insulation from the doors and have the refrigerator's compressor turn on for less time and prevent any light from going into the fridge and potentially damaging beer in glass carboys ...

thanks!!!

That sounds like a convincing argument for function over form in this instance. If you got glass doors, you'd have to cover the carboys, thus negating the point of the glass.

That Idea was in my head for a while big fridge do it all in one. Got to thinking a little more about it. I think ill be going with 2or3 separate standard units. Reason why temp zones. I bought the beersmith program it BASICLY says ferm @ 68dg,,,age @ 52dg,,,,serve @ 42dg....

Back