New to the forum and hoping to grow hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachComer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I came across the forum today and felt this is where I needed to be. I am in the beginning stages of starting a hops growing business here in Southern Oregon. This will actually be a joint adventure with my wife at least in the beginning. I am wanting to go big out the gate and make a successful venture out of it. I am a disabled Marine and now a cancer survivor. I am finally feeling rejuvenated and need something to put this new found energy towards. So far we are putting together the business plan and I think today we found a good piece of land. I am more than open to any advice anytime and hope to share both my experiences and one day my knowledge.
D.

Welcome, BeachComer. And thank you for your service.

There is an incredible wealth of information in this forum, and you would be well served by working your way through the archives and gleaning every bit. I knew absolutely nothing about growing hops, but this forum got me up and running a couple of years ago and I've had two highly productive harvests already, and a freezer full of vac-sealed "Three Cs" hops for 2013.

Cheers - and best of luck on your adventure!

Back