Party Pig or Tap-a-Draft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Party Pig or Tap-a-Draft?

• Go for the Pig.

• Tap that ass. Er...I mean, that draft.

• Stick with bottling...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monk

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a small draft system that will fit in the corner of my refrigerator. I use mini-kegs, but don't normally drink them fast enough to avoid wasting some beer. It looks like either of the aforementioned systems might be a good answer to the question. I'm sure several of you have experience with one or both, would you care to share your opinions? Thanks,

monk

right now I'm thinking of getting a couple pigs . . . that way I have some kegged but still have some in bottle to give away and stuff

I posted a thread on this a cpl weeks ago, the consensus was that the Pig was a superior way to mini-keg beer...

Pol

I found the thread, The Pol. I'm starting to like the Party Pig idea quite a bit. I'm sort of sick of the 5L minis. They are fine for the real ale, if I can kill the keg in 2 days, but otherwise they sound like they don't work that great with the co2 system. It sounds like more of a hassle, too.

Get your pig some tail...;)

16.00 tire inflater and a +1.00 Co2 Cart that I am still using the same one after several dispenses (by no means condoned by Quoin!)

Drill and tap with 1/8 pipe tap and use a 1/8 tank valve, not the easiest to find in a retail store but no issue at McMaster
DCP_8222%20(Small).JPG

Use a bike Co2 inflater, but watch the pressure - these pack the same pressure as the big boys but there is no regulator!
DCP_8230%20(Small).JPG

For using my regular Co2 bottle for carbing
DCP_8246%20(Small).JPG

Latest posts

Back