I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny! I am always looking for ways to rephrase things just to annoy my wife a little and I may have to use this when we discuss our wayward youngest daughter and her husband this evening.

Something my father most likely told me when I was a teenager (I dont remember exactly, I seldom listened) "Never cheat on a retired submariner's daughter"

cheezydemon3 said:
Well, he is an insensetive hypocrite, but don't tell him I said so!

Would you like someone to join you in that little conversation or are you content just quoting yourself and answering? :p

cheezydemon3 said:
Yeast aren't from the sea.
That's why I sterile filter all my beer. I don't need that kind of karmic affliction on my hands.. And while having a 5 day long sex orgy until you drown in alcohol SOUNDS great, we're talking 1.5 million reincarnations/ml/degree Plato. Everything gets old eventually.
CreamyGoodness said:
So bomber, if she's crazy AND ugly and I hear no mention of intelligence... it begs a very important question...
Let's put it this way - one time she sought me out to try and have a "debate" on religion. She came to her dizzying crescendo by saying "I don't think it matters what Pacific religion you are".

So bomber, if she's crazy AND ugly and I hear no mention of intelligence... it begs a very important question...

Must be amazing in the sack.

That's why I sterile filter all my beer. I don't need that kind of karmic affliction on my hands.. And while having a 5 day long sex orgy until you drown in alcohol SOUNDS great, we're talking 1.5 million reincarnations/ml/degree Plato. Everything gets old eventually.

Let's put it this way - one time she sought me out to try and have a "debate" on religion. She came to her dizzying crescendo by saying "I don't think it matters what Pacific religion you are".

Confirmed.

Something my father most likely told me when I was a teenager (I dont remember exactly, I seldom listened) "Never cheat on a retired submariner's daughter"

The problem is the retired Submariner's daughter cheating on her 3rd husband, after we warned him of her rapacious appetite for young military men. We have learned that he has been seeking solace with another woman and apparently they, my daughter and her husband, were doing this to each other at the same time all along.

The problem is the retired Submariner's daughter cheating on her 3rd husband, after we warned him of her rapacious appetite for young military men. We have learned that he has been seeking solace with another woman and apparently they, my daughter and her husband, were doing this to each other at the same time all along.

Oof thats a tough one, particularly so close to home. Usually when Im brought into a matter like this with friends (has happened more times than I like to remember) I usually just suggest a fresh slate and extensive personal and couples therapy before I wander off in search of a beer and other people to talk to. Im too frail of stature and too tired to play referee.

Do you ever just hug your wife and say "thank you for not allowing that kind of craziness into our house?"

I know I do.

By that I mean I hug my wife. I havent met your wife. Doubt Ive ever hugged her.

Do you ever just hug your wife and say "thank you for not allowing that kind of craziness into our house?"

I know I do.

By that I mean I hug my wife. I havent met your wife. Doubt Ive ever hugged her.

Every day, several times a day. We are looking forward to starting our lives together without any of the children and their drama within our home. The youngest one, 21 is moving out at the end of April and then it will be just us and the 3 fuzzy children.

What is wrong with me?

SMASH - Squid Cascade - Pale Extract - Blonde Ale
================================================================================
Batch Size: 1.920 gal
Boil Size: 3.420 gal
Boil Time: 60.000 min
Efficiency: 70%
OG: 1.036
FG: 1.009
ABV: 3.5%
Bitterness: 22.3 IBUs (Tinseth)
Color: 6 SRM (Morey)

Fermentables
================================================================================
Name Type Amount Mashed Late Yield Color
Liquid Extract (LME) - Pale Extract 2.000 lb No Yes 78% 8 L
Total grain: 2.000 lb

Hops
Name Alpha Amount Use Time Form IBU
Cascade 6.0% 0.250 oz First Wort 60.000 min Pellet 22.3
Cascade 6.0% 0.250 oz Aroma 5.000 min Pellet 0.0

Misc
Name Type Use Amount Time
Squid Ink Flavor Boil 1.000 oz 5.000 min

Yeast
Name Type Form Amount Stage
WLP001 - California Ale Yeast Ale Liquid 2.367 tbsp Primary @ 68F

Mash
Name Type Amount Temp Target Time
Conversion Infusion 3.250 gal 173.166 F 152.000 F 60.000 min

Mama wanna? I think they were effing with you.

Fermented squid ink.......that is freakier than fish sauce!

Can you ferment ANYTHING and make it safe to eat?

for example rotted sheep blood, I mean rancid. Fermented, safe to drink?

Mortadella (uh oh, tangent) SO funky! Is it like bleu cheese? Safe fungus? Got some chorizo that was pretty funkdefied. Where do you draw the line.
When the substance in question is either overtly poisonous, radioactive, or closer to a solid then a liquid... See rice wine exception elsewhere on the forum.

Do you mind?
Nope, haven't seen one in a while. Did you have one you wanted to get rid of? I'm sure it would make an interesting adjunct.

Uh, pacific is also an adjective.
pa·cif·ic
[puh-sif-ik]
adjective
1.tending to make or preserve peace; conciliatory: pacific overtures.
2.not warlike; peaceable; mild: a pacific disposition.
3.at peace; peaceful: a pacific era in history.
4.calm; tranquil: The Wabash is a pacific river.
5.( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Pacific Ocean.
6.( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the region bordering on the Pacific Ocean: the Pacific states.

noun ( initial capital letter )
7.Pacific Ocean.
8.a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, six driving wheels, and a two-wheeled rear truck.

New game! Lets play "guess what Wesley had for lunch today!"

image-2504650282.jpg

Haha!! Just joking! That was the trub and dry hops from my DIPA I just bottled.
Just thought someone should see it. You know, because I'm an idiot.

Leadgolem said:
Uh, pacific is also an adjective.
I can guarantee you that this woman doesn't know what an adjective is, let alone any of what you posted.
WesleyS said:
Haha!! Just joking! That was the trub and dry hops from my DIPA I just bottled.
Just thought someone should see it. You know, because I'm an idiot.
Dude, I was gonna punch you.

The_Dog_42 said:
What is wrong with me?

Hops
====================================

I don't see Cascade being complimentary to squid ink at all. Maybe Northdown?

CreamyGoodness said:
When I, rarely, make punch at home I have been using the Alton Brown trick of filling a balloon with water, freezing it, and taking the balloon off the ice "egg"

Have you ever tasted the inside of a balloon?

When I was a little boy I asked my parents if there was anything we eat that was not alive at some point. My father was able to come up with "salt." I bawled my eyes out.

Maybe it is more ethical to eat a pepper than a cow, but its sobering to think that both were alive, and now are not, because of us.

What is wrong with me?

Hops
Name Alpha Amount Use Time Form IBU

Misc
Name Type Use Amount Time
Squid Ink Flavor Boil 1.000 oz 5.000 min

I would substitute crocodile for the cascade adding a 20 min addition of. gator tongue for flavoring and dry croc after 2 weeks for 5 to 7 days. Maybe up the squid ink to 1.5oz if you decide to dry croc. :)

Yknow what... if you are going to use squid ink...

Follow me here. What goes with fish and seafood in general? A spritz of lemon. So, instead of cascade, what if you used citra or centennial?

Oh damn you CG. Now I need to make a Citra SMASH so half can be squid inked. That means I need to make a Cascade SMASH later and I need to buy Citra.

Sometimes I hate you and your good ideas.

/rant

Do you think the ink would distribute evenly in the solution or do you think you would have streamers of ink like a lava lamp?

CreamyGoodness said:
I hereby consent... nay, REQUEST THE RIGHT TO sample a bottle of this when it is done. I'll do a video and everything.

It should be accompanied by one of these.

image-3734198144.jpg

image-905879806.jpg

Latest posts

Back