Getting into Wine Making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpapa7272

Reaction score
Hey everyone

got some homebrew equipment from a friend who was cleaning out his basement. Went up to the local homebrew store on saturday and got an island mist blueberry pinot noir kit and some sanitizer.

Will I be ok, using the 6.5 gallon bucket with the spigot or my 6 gallon carboy for the primary fermentor should i use that or the carboy for primary or should i go buy a bigger 7.5 gallon bucket or the 6.5 carboy?

thanks for the help!

6.5 gallon bucket will be close, but for a kit wine you should be OK. If you want to do a high end kit with grapes or a fruit wine, that will be way to small.

6 gallon carboy for secondary and aging is perfect.

Well I just finished mixing up the kit! I followed the directions to the letter. Just Waiting for the temp to go down 5 degrees it was sitting at 80 degrees when I tested so covered and i will let it sit for a couple hours and check temp then pitch the yeast when it goes down to between 65 and 75 and cover

Back